“I LOVE Harrahs Cherokee”

Harrah's Cherokee Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, Georgia
“I LOVE Harrahs Cherokee”
Reviewed December 4, 2009

I didn't realize how really great this hotel/staff was until I visited other Harrahs locations....there is no comparison. First, I have stayed at the hotel, and gambled at the casino many times over the last 3 years. ( It is a six hour drive) Every time I've stayed at the hotel has been comped, and I'm certainly no high-roller. I've always gotten the room I've requested, with mountain view and jetted tub. Everyone from the valet to the housekeeping staff has been wonderful, (which has NOT been the norm in Atlantic City, where many casino/hotelstaff were just plain rude or disinterested) and the hotel is beautiful. The food is good at the buffet, and service is fast. There IS a smoke smell, but that is the only complaint I have. The slots are no tighter there than any other casino I've played at. I will continue to visit the Harrahs Cherokee Casino Resort in the beautiful Smokey Mountains every chance I get!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank MrsPeal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,153)
  • Korean first
Oklahoma
Reviewed November 24, 2009

stayed 2 nights. rooms were nice and staff were friendly and helpful. lots of new stuff going on, but did not cause any problems. casino like all harrahs, dont pay much, but they are all there is in this area so they dont have to have good payoffs. selu cafe was best food. overall, this is much better than harrahs at tunica, which has worst service of any harrahs anywhere. no live cards thanks to the dummies at the state captial. and like all harrahs, they rip you off for internet service, 11.95 a day is highway robbery!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 21, 2009

First time visitor to Harrahs Cherokee Casino Resort, Their Casino is a Joke they DON'T Have Vegas Style Card Games or Table Games like Craps and Roulette, but they do have Real Slot machines which were tight and Computer Controlled Video Blackjack, Computer Controlled Video Bacarrat, and six Computer Controlled Video Hold Em Tables which were all a joke and a rip-off. Don't waste your time Gambling at Harrah's Cherokee, spend the extra money going to Biloxi, AC, Tunica, or Vegas BELIEVE ME you'll thank me later. The Hotel on the other hand was very nice, it was clean, service was good, and we slept good for the two nights we were there, but Cherokee needs Vegas style gaming in order to be successful. I will not be going again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
fla & tn
Reviewed November 19, 2009

Hotel had great view .But we went to casino first and wanter to take pics in morning but clouds and fog blocked the great view. casino is good sized with a free coke and coffee bar. Beds were very nice. buffet was not open in am but in the pm was tasty.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank waynewho
Hamilton, Ohio
Reviewed November 16, 2009

We just returned from a two night stay in a Mountain Premium Room comped from Harrahs! Beautiful room and very clean! Hotel and casino does reek of cigarette smoke even in the hotel hallways, but it is a casino! Found the casino very lucky on Video Poker- I hit like crazy the first night and had a ball! Buffet was good as well! There is construction going on which is limiting in some ways, but it did not disturb us much!

The only bad things were the front desk lady flat out lying to me about not having a room ready for early check in. The manager overheard the conversation and said that there were rooms available and to check me in. The lady then tried to change her story- too late.... The Seven Sisters Diamond Lounge service was HORRIBLE! One old man waiting on everyone- I literally had to yell to get service and then I got one drink for 45 minutes. What a way to treat premium players.

People need to realize that this is entertainment not a way to get rich and they will have a good time! I have played at Casinos all over and this one is no more loose or tight than the rest!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank mws813
Georgia
Reviewed November 2, 2009

I used to play at the Harrah's in Atlantic City which I loved. I am by no means a high roller, but I would frequent the casinos regularly, and believe me, they have gotten their money's worth out of me. However, I never seemed to mind because I realized that I was spending money on entertainment - pure entertainment. Some music, some action, fun games, and of course, to top it all off - a few drinks.

Harrah's Cherokee is completely dry. The county is dry (so even if you wanted to bring some in to your room at the end of the night you'd have to drive 15 miles!)

At the risk of sounding like a lush, I have to say that I am APPAULED that an adult cannot enjoy a glass of wine in the evening at this casino. NOT even with DINNER at their restaurants.

Furthermore, you'd think it would be in their best interest to do so. They are the only game in town for most (the Carolinas, Georiga, etc.) so you think thattheir business would more than triple if they were smart enough to serve. I've been two times (I'm a diamond member) and will NEVER return. I would be going once a month if it were otherwise.

In the mean time, I'll be heading to Vegas or AC when I can.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lendb5
elizabethton,tn
Reviewed October 24, 2009

great service/rooms very nice and very clean.plenty of good resturants near by.Casino is tight but hotel is great

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple