“Harrah's Cherokee cheats you!”

Harrah's Cherokee Casino Resort
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 16, 2005

I went to Harrah's Cherokee last weekend. What a terrible experience! I think they have a scheme to purposefully cheat the customer out of money. For instance: the slot machines stay set at the previous gambler's bet; if he was betting four dollars per spin, it will remain that way until manually changed. Of course no one bothered to inform us of that. Also the slots are marked .25, .50, $1, etc but the minimum amount of money the machine will accept is $5.00!! When I asked an employee about this, she didn't even know about the $5.00 minimum. Twice a poker machine read that I had won $2 on a hand, but it only credited $1. The only time I won, I won $22 in coins and the coin counter at the cashier's cage only read $21 so that was all I received. Biloxi, please hurry up and rebuild!!!

22  Thank CamilleMarie
There are newer reviews for Harrah's Cherokee Casino Resort

Reviewed August 4, 2005

We stayed at Harrahs in early March for my husbands birthday. The room was great: large size, very clean and had a huge bathroom. We had a few meals at the steak resturant and snack bar on site and were pleased with both, especially the snack bar pizza. the free Drinks were great. It was the first casino trip for either so I dont have much experience with payout and what not but we both broke even and could play video poker all night on $20 but there were 2 or 3 $1,000 + winners while we were there. Free valet for hotel guests was also great. Only downside is there isnt a lot to do in the surrounding area.

• Stayed: March 2005
13  Thank monkie032
Reviewed August 4, 2005

We were given a comp room only because someone else had used my card the last time we were there and she lost a lot of money. The room was lovey but I would never have paid 209.00 dollars for it. The staff is very friendly but having just moved to NC from Ct we are used tor eal Indian Casinos ie. real payoutts, real comps and edible food. We enjoyed the mountains and local trout fishing but as far as gambling It is more satisfying online. Example I won a 25.00 jackpot and everyone around me was cherring lol

• Stayed: August 2005
16  Thank mrsbu
Reviewed July 19, 2005

I just returned from Harrah's hotel and loved it. It's the most beautiful hotel I've ever stayed in. I can't say much for the casino since I'm not much of a gambler. I went with my mom who goes about once or twice a month. The room was huge and the bathroom enormous. The tub had a jacuzzi and more than two people could fit in it. The beds were wonderful. Everyone was so friendly. I can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: July 2005
8  Thank lisadental
Reviewed July 3, 2005

I could have stayed at home alone and done this, the whole thing is computer games, at least online you can play with someone else! They advertise "Live Dealer BlackJack", yeah, right. The only thing the dealer does is rake in your chips, the game is still computerized. It's nothing more than an arcade! It was a total waste of time, the biggest vacation let-down I have ever had, I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy! (And no, this is not a sore loser lashing out, I didn't even play I was so disgusted!) On the up-side, you do get free soft drinks and free parking shuttle.

• Stayed: July 2005
13  Thank galndixie
Reviewed June 21, 2005

I cant speak about the hotel , i went to the casino on a bus trip. The bus company was great BUT dont take a bus trip here you will be a prisoner for 6 hours or however long the group is there . There is nothing else to do within walking distance .Almost everything is video slots and video poker only a few vegas style slots .I cant find a word to describe how pitiful the slot payouts are at this place between the pay schedules and how tight they are OMG. Harrahs should considwe taking their name off of this one . If this place was in vegas it would be outta bussiness . I will fly back to vegas next time to a REAL casino.

Stayed: June 2005
39  Thank Hedo2dreamin
A TripAdvisor Member
Fitzgerald, Georgia
Reviewed April 12, 2005

My husband and I love to play the slots. We are not rich and can only afford to once or twice a year. When the Harrahs in Cherokee first opened we each won $500 once in two years or so. But now we never win We are planning a trip to the area, for other reasons the end of this Apris. I even e-mailed them to see why we had not been receiving any offers and they replied that after 6 months they are not allowed to make those offers. Funny we still get offers from other casinos that we have been too over a year ago. You would think that with gas being so high that they would make more offers to get people to go there. Like others we have been sent offers for a free room and I have called the same day that it arrived and there were no rooms available - ANYWHERE. We will most likely play this month as we will be in the area and we do enjoy the excitement, but come on. Where are the comps, the offers, we very seldom get enough to even get one meal or a few bucks off. There are many other places not any further that we can go too - Tampa, Tunica, New Orleans. I think it is because they have the corner on the market up there and don't have to think about what the customer would like.

Stayed: April 2004