“Exceptionally nice hotel”

Harrah's Cherokee Hotel
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 30, 2005

The hotel room we stayed in was one of the nicest Harrah's Hotel rooms I have ever stayed in. The room was very spacious and clean. Most hotel rooms are small and crowded, but this room was 3ft bigger in every direction, which made the room feel very spacious. The furnature was beautiful and comfortable. The indoor pool was big, clean, and well maintained. On this trip, we traveled with our two children (7 and 9). The arcade was clean and unlike most arcades, all of the machines were working!!! The staff in the arcade was excellent!! They talked with the kids and made sure all of the games were working. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly. The casino had older machines that could use an upgrade. Alot of the machines did not have working sound, which gave the impression that people were not winning, but I don't believe that is the case. I saw multiple $1,000 winners and I played for over 6 hours and more or less broke even. Overall, I would highly recommend the hotel and casino, but don't expect your machine to make much noise, but if your patient, it will quietly pay off.

• Stayed: March 2005
12  Thank IDrinkBecks

fort lauderdale, fla
Reviewed March 21, 2005

just want everyone to know----i have been to vegas msand atlantic cityand by far this is the freindlest casino i have ever been in-- everyone and i mean everyone fromr the security to the drink girls to change people has something nice to say and say good luck-----av fll

• Stayed: March 2005
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Blairsville
Reviewed March 14, 2005

well we go there a pretty good bit, but now the 50 cent machines that used to hit they have got them as tight as the others. it is about 80 miles up there from Blairsville , they really need to loosing the machine up some or at least let you play on the machine for a while b4 you feed them more money . Do they ever read the emails or just other people,
they took in 91 percent last year so younds do the math. that is what a man at N C told us....

Stayed: January 2005
12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 12, 2005

Got a free complimentary room. Great room with ironing board, large TV, and refrigirator. Was supposed to have a view, but the only view I saw was of the casino and it's parking lot. Overall It was a great hotel, but I would never stay there if I had to pay for it with so many cheaper hotels right next door.

14  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Tampa, Fl
Reviewed January 3, 2005

I have been to NC's casino many times and have never really won anything. I realize that you expect to lose money but I find it totally impossible to put 300.00 in a machine and only hit for 50 cents to 10.00 (once in awhile). My husband and I travel quite a bit and love to go to the casino's. At Harrah's if you can get a room it is for only 1 night (even though you will be there 4 days) the food has a lot to be disired in all the eatery's and ALL the machines are so tight it isn't funny. If this happened on 1 occassion I would say bad luck but gee after 5 times I call it a rip off. I will stop there if I am passing through but I will never plan to spend 4 days where you can't even get a room for the entire stay. If you don't need my money then I sure don't need your casino.

16  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
west columbia sc
Reviewed November 15, 2004

We have been going to Harrah's since they opened. We used to have good luck there. We used to be diamond players,,,but the machines are so tight now,,,,can't win anything. Used to win and put the money back,,but had fun doing it. Now you can go through 100.00 in a matter of a few minutes. Just can't hardly win 10.00 dollars.
Get free offers for hotel, but never any rooms available. I used to visit Cherokee almost every weekend as I live only 3hrs away. Now it is more like 5 or 6 times a year.
They send coupons for cash back,,,but it is never more than 5.00 or 10.00 dollars. They used to give cash back on the spot,,,but said the people wanted the change.
The worst casino I have ever been in and I have been to Vegas many times,,Biloxi, Tunica and Atlantic City. Save your money and go somewhere else. I wish everyone would do this and then maybe Harrah's would loosen the machines a little like they were when they first opened.

24  Thank A TripAdvisor Member