“Casino w/ options for non-gamblers”

Harrah's Cherokee Hotel
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stopped by on our journey. I’m not much of gambler, but my traveling companion is. Nonetheless, I was able to occupy my time, while he took a turn at the tables. The casino is clean, with a non-smoking section. You don’t smell the smoke, which is great. There are great lounging areas for the non-gamblers or for those taking a break. I was able to watch football games, and find a quiet nook to read. They are restaurant options at different price points. Great customer service. Next time, I might try the tables.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank SunGoddess96212

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Situated at the edge of the Smokies in Cherokee, NC, Harrah's Casino has all the elements for a wonderful weekend getaway. Whether you want to explore the historical area of Cherokee or visit lovely Asheville, NC this casino hotel is the place to stay. Well appointed rooms, terrific onsite restaurants (Brio Tuscan Grille & Ruth's Chris) spa, shops and a lively gaming floor.... From the latest slot machines to live poker)....be sure to pay this resort a visit!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

we wanted the Creek tower and had reserved a room a month in advance. When my husband and I arrived at 4:30pm (check in is at four), we were informed that we would be in the Soco tour. The front desk clerk then proceeded to give the people behind us a room in the creek tower. We went to the soco tower room, called the front desk and a manager sent us a bell hop with new keys to our room in the Creek tower. Both rooms were average clean. We were very pleased that they moved us. The new spa is awesome. While my husband hit the gym, I got a massage, pedicure and manicure. I also went into the sauna and relaxed. The gym has been upgraded and is much nicer. We actually played some live tables this trip and had a lot of fun. The dealers were very patient and helped you learn the games. Other players helped me with strategy at 3 card poker. In room movies were nice. All the employees at harrahs are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank bransonamy
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My friend and I had a wonderful time,always use back parking lot and you don't have a long walk,you ll come out right at casino.The casino is clean and they have non smoking section but you don't notice the smoke around the casino.They have a lot of different restaurant at all different price ranges and if your really hungry do the buffett its to die for.The rooms are very comfortable and décor very nice.

Room Tip: I like the original section but its farther from casino.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ED W
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Really clean, pretty, not smokie. Staff was very nice. Didn't win but we had a very good experience at the hotel and the golf course is beautiful. The hotel decor was very cool! It is a long way to get to your room from the casino.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kim484
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My friend and I did not stay at the hotel but just visited the casino while up in the TN, NC area's. We used the back parking deck and took the elevator up to the casino, From the moment we stepped off the elevator until we left, we received the BEST, bar none, customer service. My friend and I could not get over how nice every employee we came into contact with was so nice. I had started playing on a slop machine and it began to not work right. I stopped an employee walking through an explained the problem and he went and got the employee who could help me. Moments later another employee showed up and corrected the machine and again, I couldn't have asked for more polite and nicer service. I won some money and lost some but all in all we had the best time there for no other reason but the GREAT FRIENDLY staff. We also found the costs of the drinks were very reasonable as well.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank haughtsauce
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Another great stay at Cherokee! Went with three girlfriends, and were able to get connecting rooms, each with two queen beds, in the new Creek Tower. Worked perfectly for socializing, sharing wine and catching up! Beds very comfortable and the showers are great! Have no complaints with service or accommodations! Each room has a micro-freez, which is very helpful. Had lots of fun on the casino floor, while having a room allows you to rest a bit before heading back to the casino. They have also reopened the Selu Restaurant, in place of the Paula Deen Restaurant, and it is a wonderful addition. They have a buffet but you can, also, order from the menu, at reasonable prices and great food! Kudos to Harrah's for this restaurant!!

Room Tip: The older towers, which have been renovated, at actually closer to the casino, and require less walk...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends