“Amazing...if you can get a room”

Harrah's Cherokee Hotel
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed at the Creek Tower in a premium room over a weekend. This is not an easy thing to do. From what I've been told, the only way to grab a room is to be on full comp, cash is not accepted for room payment on weekends. Even then, I waited several months to find an available room. I have no idea if the hotel is full, but they clearly want to keep rooms open for high rollers.

That being said, I was very impressed with the hotel. Rooms were large and modern, and the bathroom exceptional. I found the room to be very quiet. The premium room is supposed to have a better view, and while I could see the mountains, the view was marred by the ugly parking deck below. Staff were very friendly.

Overall, a wonderful experience. Now if only I can ever get another reservation...!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Reldim

Reviewed October 1, 2013

nice view nice atmosphere and friendly people arround,... we traveling with our family and tried brios.. its was great place to eat and spent your time with your family...we definetly wil go back again to eat there...its a bit crowded buts its fine we dont have to wait to long to be seated..

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

This place is huge, pet freindly, room is great. Would like on the creek side next time. Bathroom could have been cleaner. I will be back. Love the grounds and it has everything to keep you in the building. Just a note it's awesome.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Received my free room comp and just tried to redeem it. Was told that it is actually good for three nights. However, ALL rooms were booked, but I could get a room (?) for $119 a night. This is a complete rip-off in my humble opinion and a classic case of false advertising. Will be anxious to see how the $20 coupon for food works out. Will be staying at a motel in the area who values our business.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank JULSAM
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I can't think of anything negative to write about our two night stay. We asked for and received a very nice 10th floor view room in the Creekside building. The room was well appointed and roomy. We used the self serve check-in and had our room keys in a minute. Housekeeping was fine. My wife commented about how comfortable the bed and pillows were. I guess the only things I would change would be to have a hotel directory in the room and to have some carts at the parking garage to help haul the luggage. We thought the entire property was very attractive and well maintained. Employees were very friendly and helpful. We look forward to our next visit.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank trailmix
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This was my third visit. Each time I return, the hotel has improved. I asked for a room on a high floor and was rewarded with a room in the Creek tower on the 19th floor with a great view. The sofa next to the window was a great touch. I would sit and read and enjoy the mountains. The restaurants were great especially Brio's. The Starbucks in the lobby is a fantastic addition. I'd carry my Starbucks coffee into the Paula Deen rest. every morning and the staff never fussed at me. The lobby area is one of the best at a Harrah's property. The new Spa is a great addition. The spa was offering a facial/massage deal. I felt so so relaxed after my spa afternoon that I skipped sightseeing that day. My only negative is the pool issue. The pool was closed in July for renovation. Hopefully the pool will be up and running for my next visit!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank KRoman4
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Doesn't do any good to get free room comps. No rooms are ever available. Sold out dates arent really sold out. Look at play when a rewards member does get to come and play , not how many points they have. If a person comes one time and makes Platinum status in one visit, I would think that would warrant a free room. Just saying.......lost revenue here.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends