Harrah's Cherokee Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
El Camino Motel(Cherokee)
  • Pool
19,150 results
All reviewscreek towerruth chrisfood courtget awaytable gamesslot machinesnon smokingcasino floorgreat casinonorth carolinadiamond loungebriomountainsdealerscompsplayersjackpot
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had not been to Cherokee North Carolina in several years (like 8) but we were sent some comped hotel stays and golf outings so we decided to take a short weekend trip. We were so surprised to see the expansion they have put on this property-it was first class, and tons of fun just a few short hours from Atlanta! We met another couple at the property-beautiful drive through the Nantahala Outdoor Center-and had an amazing weekend. We enjoyed the beautiful Sequoyah National Golf Course(reasonable $40.00 greens fees), had a lovely dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse(not so reasonable, but very good), really enjoyed the new Brio Italian Restaurant(the Chicken Limone was sinful!!); and even took in a first class concert by Reba McIntyre in the new Events Center. This property had everything we look for in a weekend get away to Vegas, with out paying for airfare!!

Room Tip: The Creek tower is the newest and nicest, with double sinks and very modern decor, but we were told that the older rooms are undergoing a refurbishment as well. We were in the Mountain Tower, which sounded very promising, but sadly only offered a view of the roof of the building next door.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is the only place to stay in Cherokee NC, even if you don't gamble at the casino. The views from the hotel are absolutely fantastic. there is a stream that runs past the hotel and is viewable from many common areas. The decor is fine and it's extremely clean. The service is outstanding!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Great stay with pretty good casino. like the new table games they added. Rooms in some parts of the hotel have been renovated. Had great dinner at Brio. bummed that the pool was closed for renovations.
Really Need free wi fi someplace in the hotel! There is a coffee shop cafe near the lobby but no wi fi :-(

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We finally decided to try harrahs Cherokee as a way to enjoy a few days at a casino To get in our fix until our next vegas trip.
'
dates were may 18th-20th. comped(free weekend)
we were lucky to get our room early since I think check in is approx. 4pm, we were in the newer creek tower rm#1950.
room was clean, view was just soso, seems some have a nicer view but we were just happy to get to our room after a 5 hour drive.

small fridge took some work to get our bottles of cold corona into but we managed.
small room safe in closet. large tv ( we found it very very slow if scanning channels, .
small sitting area near window,except the base of the wall under windo does seem rather high ,and the way the sofa is situated you are just facing a wall with some picture staring back at you .

I knew they don't approve of bringing your own drinks into the casino, yet security never looked at us a 2nd glance,maybe being so busy they were only paying attention to those looking closer to 21?

We had a nice dining credit which we used up,plus some in ruth/chris steak house. enjoyed what had to be in the top 3 steaks I have ever eaten in my 53 years.

We usually try a buffet but cant comment since we skipped it, thought it was odd that being acrowded weekend due to a big promotion ,I never saw anyone going in to eat ?

As far as a casino I found it somewhat random as far as certain dennominations in any given area,I often found penny slots ,close to nickel slots and so on....... I wont hold it against them that we did take a pretty good beating,it was our 1st visit,but will say I heard over and over from other guest that losing did seem to be the norm.
Limited number of shops, and don't expect vegas type hours.. to my wifes disapoinjtment after seeing some earings in 1 shop that was supposed to be open till 11,she had a salesperson who could not find a price??? and after wasting her time she sawa shop that had some items she was interested in but this shop closed at 8pm? so do yourself a favor and look into every shops hours if you are counting on a certain one.

Staff were very friendly , they like to wish you good luck........ wish we had some.

oddly enough, being used to caesars palace and all the tipping vegas thrives on,this location gave me the impression thet those who probably depend on tips must get stiffed a lot.
, even valet parking seemed to honestly mean it when they said thank you.

my biggest surprise was housekeeping, I saw no envelope to leave a tip in,so I simpley wrote on note paper thank you,left a tip. upon our return on the flip side of my note was a return note from housekeeping thanking us,and mentioning the services they provided as well as turn down service.

the shower can use some work, has one of those shower heads you can hold in hand that with soap in eyes and being tall,i managed to knock loose twice.
toilet has a funny flush option. I called it the pee pee or poo poo option. seems you can chose a low or heavy flush.... just had to chuckle about that.
they have a starbucks/ lobby café set up on 1st floor. was surprised they did not have a diamond line ( personally my fav perk when it comes to being a diamond player is shorter lines) but it did move fast.

elevaters seem to move slow,especially in the am, I would suggest you try catching one from the hotel check in floor rather than 2nd floor casino level.

as I said, it was a nice,clean and friendly casino/hotel.....they call it a resort now but jury is still out on that part . we are planning a shorter return visit next month so I guess I should say we enjoyed our stay there. I cant say as a 1st time vaster that losing can be held against them.lets face it, casinos are built on our loss right?

Room Tip: I hear creek tower rooms are newest, but a bit of a further stroll to the casino area, lights are interesting. to turn on any lights in room you have to press a switch by the door, use valet parking.free to hotel desk, never seemed like a long wait and they have a nice system where you can call from room and have car ready by the time you get downstairs
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank a1copyguy
Reviewed May 23, 2013

One of our frequent stays is at the Harrahs Cherokee Hotel and Casino--- If you have not enjoyed this outstanding Hotel/Casino --take the time to check it our..You will not be disappointed. The restaurants are very good..Buffet is pricey but you will not be disappointed in the extreme variety of Different Foods from all over,Asian.Mexican.Italian/ etc the desserts are very special and createyour your on if you will....also many other choices..Paula Dean for example- --Casino is one of the largest in the US-- the percentages //Slots at 8% -- and if you remember The RNG--- is just a Computor Chip that is always moving ---Random Number Generator--- you can be very Lucky and have fun --there new showroom has Big Time Talent--Blake Sj helton,Styx..Scotty McCreery--- Rebs---etc -- Have fun and enjoy it is Worth the Very Beautiful Drive to the Smoky Mountains..

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple