“Good overall hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Newnan, Georgia
“Good overall hotel”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

The hotel had been improved and added on to since my last visit two years ago. There are several places to eat including Paula Deen's and Ruth's Chris, both of which were excellent. The hotel reminds me of an off the strip Vegas type. The hotel is big, clean, and nice overall. We had a comped room in the new tower and the room was pretty nice and had a separate seating area including couch. They have real live table games now including Blackjack, Craps, 3 card, etc. which is a big plus. The only bad thing about that is that there weren't a lot of people winning at the tables, especially me. The other negatives are that the casino is filled with a lot of old people who smoke, the drinks are $3-5 a piece, and there isn't anything else to do there except gamble and eat. So once you hit your limit, I guess you can go up to your room and watch TV. We were there during the middle of the day on a Monday and they have 10 or so Blackjack tables and there were like 2 $5 tables, 4 $15 tables and 4 $25 tables. That didn't make sense to me especially considering we weren't in Vegas on a Friday night and no one was hardly playing the higher tables, but they wouldn't lower the minimums. Overall, it was a nice hotel, but an older crowd kinda place for sure.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,141)
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Visited with my husband. Nice gaming floor and great poker room. The Paula Deen Kitchen was delicious! I could eat there every night. Brio is also excellent. Rooms are spacious and well appointed. i am looking forward to coming back to Harrah's Cherokee Casino and Hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HappyTravels411
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Our family recently stayed here the roomwas nice service was very well.We enjoyed te choices of foods through the buffet to the Brio. I really have to say there are so many choice for food. The rooms have a beautiful view of the mountains. I was really happy with the size ofthe rooms as they were a nice size. The room service was very nice they made sure the food was okay before leaving the room. The beds were so nice pillows really sweet o sleep on.I had a good night sleep.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Columbia, SC
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at the Creek Tower last week. These were "free" comp nights that we had received, probably because of my hubby's trips to Vegas. We parked in the self parking garage and had no problems with check in. Clerk was friendly and we only waited a minute or two to check in. Our "non smoking" hotel room was gorgeous, very modern & clean which is how I like it! Loved the huge shower & bathroom area. The bed & bedding was very comfortable. Our room didn't have much of a view, but it had a nice sitting area with a couch & chair and nice big flat screen TV. It also had a small refrigerator which came in handy for our leftover pizza from night 1. I was disappointed that the fitness center & the indoor pool had closed the day before we arrived. Apparently they are revamping the fitness center & possibly making an outdoor pool or something. I would have given the hotel a "5" rating, but wasn't happy about not having the fitness center & pool to enjoy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Teeter21
St Augustine
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I recently was working and I was here for a one nighter. The rooms are clean with nice views but ,there are some draw backs that I had during my brief visit. Parking is terrible even with valet you still have to walk nearly to the next state.Sure everyone needs a little exercise .. not at 3 am with a small bag computers etc . I guess the valet thought that I could " carry those few bags myself "but neither did he ask the dumb Asp...
Room service FORGETABOUTIT I am a very late /early person so that 3 am breakfast was out of the question. I even stopped at the MacDonald's close by but they told me that they start breakfast at 4am and I was not in the mood for a Cheese Burger at 3 am . I ended up walking another 50 miles to the Casino drop $50 in the slots and grab something at the food court..
I had one of those pretzel sandwiches "Things" not to bad for 3 am. Hey Harrah's your Casino is open 24/7 so why not the room service?

Room Tip: Limited room service hours
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Though I have visited Harrah's Cherokee several times in the past, this was my first stay at the hotel. The rooms are very large, elegantly furnished, and offer beds that are amazingly comfortable. The rooms and all common areas are extremely clean and well-maintained. The hotel staff go above and beyond to make you feel welcome and "at home."

I must note Wanda (Valet), John (Bell Desk) and Brandy (Bell Desk) for their kindness, professionalism, and great personalities. These individuals, and everyone I encountered at the hotel and casino, were friendly, helpful, and eager to make your visit as great as possible. The Casino Hosts at this location (Sterling, Donna, and Tammy) are equally as amazing.

I would highly recommend this hotel for all sorts of travelers. If you are not into gaming, the hotel is in close proximity to all types of things --- shopping, amusements, children's activities, etc. Please take time to visit the Cherokee cultural centers because they are awesome.

Room Tip: The Mountain Tower and Soco Tower rooms have wonderful views.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ScottHSH
Reviewed February 22, 2013

At first I was hung up on comparing Harrah's Cherokee to Las Vegas, but if you step back you'll realize it's honestly the nicest hotel within 100 miles. Sure this place isn't as sophisticated as Vegas, but that's the hotel capital of the world and those folks have a ton more experience. Harrah's Cherokee gets a little closer every day. The renovation is amazing. The buffet is top notch and they've added two legitimate fine dining restaurants plus Paula Deen's comfort cooking. The food court is just a cafeteria with brand names on the signs (that is not a legitimate Johnny Rockets). No wonder the rooms sell out months in advance for weekend nights. My family and I used to stay in Gatlinburg when we visited the area, but now I go here for a few gambling day trips a year and earn comped rooms for my family vacations - not a bad deal when you're literally 2 miles from the National Park. The promotions and direct mail coupons are generous. The rooms are used so often that they have grown a little worn after just a short time. As long as they reinvest in capital expenditures to keep it nice, I'll never complain. This is my new casino home base.

• Stayed February 2013