“Love the new tower rooms”

Harrah's Cherokee Casino Resort
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
“Love the new tower rooms”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Love the rooms in the new Creek Tower. Roomy and beautiful. Comfortable.
Don't love the casino too much - really don't like the "Lock N Roll" machines and that covers most of the floor. Have to hunt for old, traditional slot machines. The new Diamond Lounge is great, however. And VERY conveniently located near high dollar slots.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the new Creek Tower. The Soco and Mountain Towers are older, but still nice.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Linda C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,240)
  • Korean first
Woodstock, Georgia
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We had a NYE weekend getaway, that included 8 of us. We stayed in a cabin but visited the casino everyday and night. I'll start with the decor. Newly renovated and it was quite the looker. I could say that The Harrah's was a slight downgrade of the Borgata in Alantic City. This casino had the look of a high end casino. The internior looked great, new slots, and live tables. This casino would easily be in vegas and do well. The new live tables were fun to lose and make money off of. The restaraunts inside the casino and hotel were great. Paula Deens, Ruth Chris Steak, Brio Tuscan, etc. Great casino and i'm sure we will all be back to the Harrah's. Hopefully this time we can get a room as they were all taken. I would highly recommend this casino and the food, hotel rooms I can't say anything about, yet.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Alpharetta
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The Casino Hotel is wonderful but you more than pay for your free room. My sister and I have gone twice sent August 2012 and went back again on Dec 22nd. I lost $1,000 in Dec and $700 in August. My only comp was a free room. I have decided not to go back anytime soon and when I do I will leave my debit card at home and my total budjet is $300. Don't think that you can get back, they will not allow you to win any money.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Mountain view section which is a little closer to the actual casino floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank peg4820
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed here a few days over Christmas, very nice place, beautiful room, pool (too many kids in there, very noisy) its grown larger over the few years we've been going there, but look forward to our next visit. Small town not much shopping available, but still enjoyed our stay! Paula Dean's place we had breaky 2 mornings, the last one i ordered Banana Pancakes, didn't really like them at all, they should check out Caesar's Palace for preparing that dish. Wouldn't order them again! Overall a excellent place to stay, rooms are very nice!

Room Tip: SPA was very expensive, could be because its new, by the time you give a tip, your into a $200 bill...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank LuckyGalonNash
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I was offered a 3-night stay in one of the hotels. There are a couple hotel towers there and the new one the Creek Tower I found out has it all. Of course over the phone no specific room could be promised. But upon arrival just a little snag, my room was not ready (even though I showed up early). So they asked me if I wanted to wait, I said how long about one hour plus, but then they promised to upgrade my room in Soco tower. Since I was patient, they called me up to the counter and said if you give us about 15 more minutes we will make your stay (room) up another notch to ultra premium in the new tower , the Creek Tower. Hey, go ahead I'll have a beer or two. It was worth the wait. Gentleman setting this up at the counter was most inviting and helpful and he promised I would like it allot. Upon entering the door, WOW! I was blown away. I was on the 19th floor with mountains in plain view everywhere and the size, well lets just say huge. Large Flat Screen TV's, jucuzzi, Robes, Partial small kitchen area, plenty of ammentities abound. King size bed with pure comfort. Allot of tall glass windows on the entire side facing the mountains, so if your afraid of heights or glass, this is not for you. Glass goes from floor to ceiling. I'm not afraid. A great time and was treated with total respect from all staff! One enjoyable experience would go back for sure!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank paul s
Columbia SC
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The casino and hotel are very much in a small town. Really not much to do outside of the casino and hotel besides outdoor sports. This would be ideal if this would be okay but if you spend your time at the casino and hotel there is plenty to do. I would suggest no longer than a weekend, especially if there are people with you under 21. Hotel is very nice atmosphere and clean. Very nicely nestled in the mountain, staff is very Nice may be insensitive if you alone and under 21 and not accompanied by an adult. Security and underage gambling fully enforced.
Overall great time!

• Stayed December 2012
Troy, North Carolina
Reviewed December 29, 2012

If your a TOTAL rewards member.....Forget the perks....I have a diamond card and can't get a room on a Sunday night....I get offers for three nights stay...I just called and ask Jessica in VIP for a room Jan. 13th she said I didn't have enough play?????? (I have a diamond card) how much play do you need????? She was rude.

I called (Beau Rivage) in Biloxi and got a room for three nights....Thanks Jessica, M life will be my new card now. FREE DRINKS in Biloxi :-)

This is the absolute worst casino I've ever played at.....you never see anyone win.....When you go to the diamond club, you can only go eat one time a day. You pay for your drinks and you get to pick a sandwich HOW NICE OF YOU! In Las Vegas you can go to the CLUB as many times as you want and have GOOD food. (PARIS casino is great!)

I only wanted to stay @ Harrah's because we was just passing through.....Hampton Inn will be cheaper....again thanks, Jessica I will never be back at your casino.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple