“Treated Like a "King"!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“Treated Like a "King"!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I was offered a 3-night stay in one of the hotels. There are a couple hotel towers there and the new one the Creek Tower I found out has it all. Of course over the phone no specific room could be promised. But upon arrival just a little snag, my room was not ready (even though I showed up early). So they asked me if I wanted to wait, I said how long about one hour plus, but then they promised to upgrade my room in Soco tower. Since I was patient, they called me up to the counter and said if you give us about 15 more minutes we will make your stay (room) up another notch to ultra premium in the new tower , the Creek Tower. Hey, go ahead I'll have a beer or two. It was worth the wait. Gentleman setting this up at the counter was most inviting and helpful and he promised I would like it allot. Upon entering the door, WOW! I was blown away. I was on the 19th floor with mountains in plain view everywhere and the size, well lets just say huge. Large Flat Screen TV's, jucuzzi, Robes, Partial small kitchen area, plenty of ammentities abound. King size bed with pure comfort. Allot of tall glass windows on the entire side facing the mountains, so if your afraid of heights or glass, this is not for you. Glass goes from floor to ceiling. I'm not afraid. A great time and was treated with total respect from all staff! One enjoyable experience would go back for sure!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank paul s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,153)
  • Korean first
Columbia SC
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The casino and hotel are very much in a small town. Really not much to do outside of the casino and hotel besides outdoor sports. This would be ideal if this would be okay but if you spend your time at the casino and hotel there is plenty to do. I would suggest no longer than a weekend, especially if there are people with you under 21. Hotel is very nice atmosphere and clean. Very nicely nestled in the mountain, staff is very Nice may be insensitive if you alone and under 21 and not accompanied by an adult. Security and underage gambling fully enforced.
Overall great time!

• Stayed December 2012
Troy, North Carolina
Reviewed December 29, 2012

If your a TOTAL rewards member.....Forget the perks....I have a diamond card and can't get a room on a Sunday night....I get offers for three nights stay...I just called and ask Jessica in VIP for a room Jan. 13th she said I didn't have enough play?????? (I have a diamond card) how much play do you need????? She was rude.

I called (Beau Rivage) in Biloxi and got a room for three nights....Thanks Jessica, M life will be my new card now. FREE DRINKS in Biloxi :-)

This is the absolute worst casino I've ever played at.....you never see anyone win.....When you go to the diamond club, you can only go eat one time a day. You pay for your drinks and you get to pick a sandwich HOW NICE OF YOU! In Las Vegas you can go to the CLUB as many times as you want and have GOOD food. (PARIS casino is great!)

I only wanted to stay @ Harrah's because we was just passing through.....Hampton Inn will be cheaper....again thanks, Jessica I will never be back at your casino.

16 Thank Truthalways52
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Out of the different towers, the Creek tower is definitely our favorite to stay in. It has very modern decor. The beds are large and very comfy. The rooms are very spacious and are clean. We love staying here and we do so on a regular basis.

Room Tip: Soco tower is more Renaissance decor and Creek tower is more modern decor
2 Thank lovingwelch247
Chesnee, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I generally have a great time at this casino. It's the only one i have been to so far, but i enjoy it whenever i can. 2-3 hour drive for us to get there and back, so we have often done a day trip of it, but have stayed overnight several times as well. After we visited the first couple of times they will send us coupons and comp a room for us during weekdays. I'm a platinum member now so we get other stuff they started sending like free show tickets so certain events. Anyway, it's the closest one to us and i have a great time and we keep going back. The restrooms are real nice at time. I have visited them for numerous reasons and they were always adequate at worst. Had a great time New Years, lots of fun. I have seem them handout party favors and have contests.
I would and do recommend it to friends.

1 Thank Joseph J
aiken sc
Reviewed December 23, 2012

When you first enter your room at the Harrah's Cherokee you are pleased with the furnishings etc. It wasn't until the next morning I noticed how dirty it was.......I went to use the phone and the phone was so gunky I don't think it had ever been cleaned. I pulled back the drape to sit at the window and there was a cigar stubbed out on the windowsill.....obviously they don't clean.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank rshandle
Blythewood, South Carolina
Reviewed December 22, 2012

My first time at Cherokee and what a wonderful experience. I have stayed at Harrah's Atlantic City many times and always thought it was beautiful but Cherokee knocks it out of the park. It is an absolutely fantastic facility, the accommodations are wonderful and the staff is great, extremely friendly and very helpful. Besides the hotel being beautiful the scenery makes it even better. I have absolutely nothing to bad to say about this hotel. Don't walk, run to this location as soon as you can, I highly recommend it and can't wait to go back.

1 Thank kinz1219