“Pleasant stay”

Harrah's Cherokee Hotel
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I spent one night (free!) this week. I was in room 917 of the Mountain Towers. The room was large and the king bed was very comfortable. It was fairly clean. The room had 4 lamps and an overhead hall light. The room was a little dim in places - it was especially hard to see the thermostat. However there is a good spot light in the canopy of the bed which makes a good reading light. The bathroom was large as was the shower. The water pressure was very low in the shower and for flushing the toilet. Plenty of towels. There is a nice makeup mirror beside the sink. The toilet is in its own little room with a sliding pocket door. There was a couch which was a fold out bed, a coffee table, a small round table with two chairs, a wardrobe which contained the safe, luggage rack, iron and ironing board. There is a small fridge and a coffee pot (no de-caf) with coffee and condiments. There are two night stands with 1 drawer each plus a cabinet and there is a dresser where the big flat screen sits that has 4 large drawers. I ate in the Lobby Cafe which is fast food like burgers, pizzas, salads, etc. On a prior trip in August, my husband and I ate at the new Brios restaurant which was quite good - service was a bit spotty but it hadn't been open long. Paula Deen's buffet is just so-so. We ate the new large buffet (Chef's Table) and it is huge and has every kind of food imaginable. The slots were not kind to me either time but I just go for fun, not to get rich. The view from the room wasn't much - a side mountain view but more of the hotel's power plant than anything else. In August we used the indoor pool and whirlpool which were small but nice. I believe both had wheelchair lifts to help people get in the pool.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank clm606
Write a ReviewReviews (18,226)

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We have stayed here many times and each time the staff get friendlier and more efficient. Beautiful new interior and new rooms. Only complaint is that there is no business center to use a computer, my laptop, or fax, or copier. Nothing! Only the elite 7 star high rollers get free WIFI in their rooms. The rest of us are stuck paying $14/day. It is disgusting such a new high class hotel, where they spent millions of dollars improving, does not care to let us all have access to our email, internet, etc. We would stay there longer if we could. Staying longer means gambling more. DUH...maybe management should figure that one out.

Room Tip: Get reservation into the new towers for classy rooms. The old ones are larger but very dated decor w...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Kizzdogs
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is my 4th visit to this property. The rooms are always very clean and quiet. Like the mini-fridge and wish for a microwave. The staff I've dealt with are very helpful. I ate at Ruth's Chris and the food was very good and very pricey. I'd just as soon go to the Noodle Bowl or the Johnny Rockets' in the food court for less expensive, tasty and filling food. (Leaves more to lose in the casino!!) if you come and play it is easy to earn points for free rooms and food. Since I live 90 miles away, it is a convenient place to stay for a quick getaway. Lots of other sight seeing possibillities in the area, too. If you're not a gambler, there is the Cherokee Indian Hostory Museum, Unto These Hills outdoor nighttime play, Great Smoky Mtns. park and great mtn. scenery.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Alice S
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Recently stayed and played at Harrahs in Cherokee, NC. It has greatly improved in the past year. Dealers with real cards, really nice poker room, tons of slots. The resturants now include Ruth's Chris, Brio Tuscan Grill and Paula Deen's. A good step up from the old buffets. Our room in Soco Tower was clean, modern and well appointed with nice flat screen, sitting area and very nice bathroom. At three hours away it is the closest casino to us. In the past we rarely went up there - less than 5 times in 10 years. Tomorrow we leave for our third trip since July.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Aswaterman
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have visited this hotel and casino many times. The rooms are lovely especially in the new tower. However there is constant construction going on and they are constantly changing the pathways from the restaurants and casino from the rooms and it consists of long, long walks. Don't plan on going there to win because after talking to many people no one seems to ever win and are lucky if they break even.

2  Thank Dee849
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Now one of the premier Harrahs properties, management certainly put everything into this place- the restaurants are all top notch, shopping on property is upscale, the rooms are fine, and the casino floor is as good as most every place in Vegas.

Only downside is that the escaltors to/from the casino floor switch at random times for security reasons, so you may have a long walk to get back to the hotel elevators.

The golf course is first rate, as good as anything else withing 100 miles, and not crowded at all.

There are a lot of areas under construction/renovation, but that just means that they are constantly trying to improve.

Room Tip: The elevators can be a bit of a wait during check out times-
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank keith g
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at Harrah's in Cherokee. It was during Sandy. We had a great time. The room was huge with a mountain view and very very clean. We ordered room service on 3 occasions and I must say, it beat any room service food we have ever had and we have traveled a lot. A Paula Deen fried chicken dinner came with 4 huge pieces, sides and biscuits that just could not be beat. The casino was good to me and did not rob me. I cannot say enough good things about the staff. My husband fell and hit the cold tile floor while I was checking in. Two very nice ladies saw the fall and so did some staff members. I, at this point was unaware of what had happened. When I got back to where he was supposed to be sitting, he was on the floor with his head in a manager's lap. They quickly called the EMT's who have an office there at the hotel and he received immediate care. The manager quickly called for a blanket and pillow. The efficiency of this group was amazing. It turned out that he did not hurt himself, except for his ego, but the EMT's took him by wheelchair up to our room. The hotel furnished us with a wheelchair for the duration in case we needed it. We will definitely go back again and I do want to thank everyone who helped us to make this a very nice stay.

Room Tip: When you check in, ask for a room with a view. I understand that some are not as good as others. O...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple