“Long overdue update & pet friendly!”

Harrah's Cherokee Hotel
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Harrah's hotel is brand new, shiny, sofisticated and is so clean, but it is still attached to the original buildings. So be sure to ask which tower you will be getting when booking. What a long overdue update. The original tower has poorly lit rooms and tired decor. The best part is they are now pet friendly, but the charge per pet is very high and you will be booked in one of the old rooms with poor views.
The new suites in the new tower are much smaller than the old ones, but have a high class look and include a bar and microwave. The linens and bedding make for a comfortable night's sleep.The staff are wonderful and very accomodating. My complaint is that there is no business center for free use of a computer, fax, printer etc. If enough people who check in complain about that, they will probably eventually add that amenity.

Room Tip: End units in the brand new tower are best . Being close to the elevators is noisy at night since the...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kizzdogs

Reviewed February 24, 2012

This is the first time that I have ever written a review, but I felt that this was the one time that I should!..First of all, we went for a little get away for my husband's 65th birthday celebration. We stayed in the Creek Tower and I was a little disappointed that I did not have a room that overlooked the creek, but everything else made up for it!...We arrived 2 hours early, hoping we could check in early, but waited approximately an hour...not their fault though!...during our wait, we observed staff as they waited on patrons of the hotel...EVERYONE seemed to be concientious in their work....I saw smiles when greeting patrons and their was even someone assisting to make sure that customers were helped by the next available clerk. Our room was very clean and spacious. The bed was very comfortable. I did not hear noise from the next room and the room even had ammenities like complimentary sodas in the fridge!..All of the employees in the casino were most courteous....we even attended a little sale provided by the hotel....which were left behind items that have never been claimed...it seems that they do this as a non profit organization and the proceeds go to help families in need (housefires, etc.)...I was most impressed and will definitely be back!....my only complaint..We didn't stay longer and Lady Luck was definetly not with us at the casino!!!...oh well, can't win 'em all!!!

1  Thank redbeulah0
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Horrible casino, it's all video slots.
City is a meth haven with nothing to offer, huge waste of time coming here, go to Vegas, don't even bother

• Stayed: July 2011
6  Thank Clinton O
Reviewed February 24, 2012

The room was very very smoky and dirty. The shower walls had mildew and the floor looked like it had not been cleaned for a wile. I went to the front desk and was told the PetStay rooms were older rooms on a smoking floor. I told them my conformation was for a non-smoking room, Their attitude was take it or find somewhere else. We left the next morning.
My wife and I haved in many Pet Friendly hotels and never found one this bad. It appeared to me that Cherokee Casino is not really Pet Friendly.

Room Tip: Don't bring a pet to Harrah's Cherokee hotel
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank K R
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We go to this casino every other month, so we have seen improvement...slowly.
The newer rooms are nice. But I have noticed that even the newer rooms are not cleaned very well. Dusty and some Moldy. Overall, I think the casino and hotel are expanding but employees are decreasing in number. Basically a hit or miss each time. You never know how you will be treated or what kind of room you will get. Varies each and every time. This time we went however, was really nice. Front desk: Friendly: check
Room: pretty clean: check. Chef's Buffet: delicious , friendly service: check
Really cool penny machines to play: check Deal or No Deal machines: check
Really had a good time, this time: CHECK!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

My husband and I just returned from Harrah's Cherokee. We don't like the new set-up of the Diamond Lounge. It is no longer a buffet. You have a menu to order off of and can only order 2 items. Either soup of the day (small cup), feature of the day, salad or sandwich. No vegetables except what's in the salad or sandwich. It was good, but we didn't like having the same menu all of the time, and not having very much of a selection. Also, no desserts!
We tried Paula Dean's again. We ordered off the menu. It was better than before, so they are trying.
Did not go to the new buffet---the food is very good, but they don't have any vegetables except the salad, cream potatoes and cream corn! Would like to see more vegetables there!
Can't wait for the steak house to open!
The trip itself, overall, was very good. Don't like all the walking, but love having such a big selection of slots!!
Everyone is always very courteous and helpful!!

Room Tip: Rooms in Mountain Tower are further away, but rooms are larger. Walk to casino is longer, but when o...
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed in the Soco Towers this trip (Creek Tower the time before). The Hotel on both occassions was very spacious and clean. The casino was under some renovation but did not seem to hinder anyone from having a good time. Be ready to do a lot of walking from the hotel to the casino. They do offer a shuttle service for those who may need it. Food at the casino was a little pricey for those who may not have any comps. It snowed while we were there and the view from our room of the mountains was beautiful. It was overall a great stay!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a beautiful view of the mountains. Pack drinks & snacks