“Had a blast !”

Harrah's Cherokee Casino Resort
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Thank you Harrahs for finally lossening the slots alittle. Was able to play for hours and truly had fun,Loved the new buffet. Room was great. Would like to see more ten dollar black jack tables.Already looking forward to next visit, Keep on lossening those slots , so people can continue to have a great time.

Room Tip: Creek tower has great rooms. It seems the higher up the quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank booNewBern
There are newer reviews for Harrah's Cherokee Casino Resort

Reviewed January 8, 2012

I come here all the time and I love this place!!!!! Not my recent visit though. Had a great time till I went to the bar and tried to get a drink and bar tender refused to serve me because I have a temporary dl. I come here for about 3 years and get drinks every time I am here and I never had a bar tender that treated me like that. He told me that I can't get a drink put my dl on the counter and walked away without any explanation. How RUDE!!!!!! had to walk around and look for a manager witch was really nice and apologetic they took me to a bar and got me a drink and bar tenders at this bar were extremely nice to me. Later I went back to the first bar where I couldn't get a drink and when a bar tender saw me he tried to take my drink away from me and said that I will have to leave. He called the manager and it was the same nice lady that helped me and she told him that it was fine and I can have my drink. Bar tender got really upset and I was asked not to come back to the same bar because he is upset and he was trying to do his job. RUDE!!!!! THE REASON I have a temporary dl is because I am from a different country and I have to renew it one a year. But I am an American citizen and I should be treated like one. Great thank you to a management team that helped me and shame on that bar tender who wouldn't take a minute and explain why I couldn't have a drink. Thank you

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We arrived Dec. 30 for a 3 day stay....our host had reserved a room for us at the New Creek Tower, but somehow they ended up putting us in the older Soco tower next door...so it doesn't matter if you have a reservation made several weeks ahead of time, you will go where they want to put you....we assumed all the 7 star players where put in the new tower that week-end, since it was NYE....we'll see what happend's next time.....our first night there was a lucky one for us at the slots....between the 2 of us we won over $1, 500...we only play the .25 slots...NYE we went to the party upstairs, it was very nice...lots of good food and good entertaiment...we didn't win hardly anything that night, so we went to our room early, and watched the New Year at Time Square on tv.....on Sunday, we slept in late and then over to eat breakfast at the Seven Sister resturant...we spent most of the day in the casino, not winning much...later we ate dinner at the new buffet...I have to say it was great!! the food was fresh, and tasty, they have just about everything you could think of to eat, Mexician, Asian, Itilian, bar.b.q, American, lots of seafood, etc.....the price is about $25.00 pp, ...later that night I hit a small jackpot of $640.00 ....we left the next morning, with over half of what we brung with us, so we didn't do to bad....we will be back in March to celebrate our wedding anniversary... we love Harrahs in Cherokee.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank carolinalady68
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Having stayed in 6 other Harrahs, this one was very disappointing. Had to pay $60.00 extra for Pet room and all those rooms are smoking, no view, and on noisy 3rd floor from outside steampipes. Casino had few if any servers and the comp. and tier points were worst I have seen. VIP lounge failed to open as scheduled but there were plenty of places to eat. Reported a problem three times to desk and never did get resolved. As the only one in the region, you are stuck, but I will spend money for airfare from now on.

Room Tip: Do not carry your dog if you want a room ihat is quiet with a view and is non-smoking. Verified tha...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank COLRBJ
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Hotel rooms are nice and beds are comfortable. But even non-smoking rooms smell like smoke. And people smoke in all the hallways so the hotel smells like smoke no mattwr where you go. Even to get to the NON SMOKING part of casino you go thrpugh parts of hallway where peoe are smoking.
Another thing is if you are put in the Mountain wing of hotel you are walking a very long way from lobby,casino and elevators.

• Stayed: January 2012
3  Thank travel1215
Reviewed January 3, 2012

My companion and I have been diamond level slot players for the last 2 years and have experienced many Harrahs' properties as well as other casinos. We have enjoyed our stay or play in all of these properties and expected a good Casino experience at Harrahs' Cherokee. We decided to stay a night in Cherokee on our way home from Atlanta to Maryland on Dec. 27 2011. We were smiling from the beautiful ride through the mountains when we arrived at the hotel. Our smile quickly disappeared when we were told that the non-smoking room we had reserved in Soco tower was not available.We did not arrive late-and no explanation was given as to why the room was not available. We were given a room in the mountain tower after we explained that I have a lung condition and can't walk too far and were assured that the mountain tower was not too far to walk. Harrahs' Cherokee is HUGH but no hotel map,directions or assistance was given to help us find mountain tower. I was short of breath when we finally did. Perhaps to the front desk clerk, mountain tower was not far but to me and my damaged lung, it was like climbing Mt. Everest. We returned to the front desk and explained again that I needed a closer room. The clerk reluctantly changed our room to a non smoking in Soco. The very room we had originally requested. She seemed angry that we had returned and barely spoke to us.
Later we played our favorite machines and found they did not pay as they do in other casinos. We played about $500 and could not hit a bonus or any kind of win as we do in other casinos on the same machines. If they did hit a winning payline, the payout was less than the same payline in other casinos. One hit that should have paid $50, paid $20. We rate Harrahs' Cherokee as the worst casino experience we have ever had and vowed never to return.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
10  Thank ees126
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We go to Cherokee frequently for weekend trips. This was our first time staying at the Casino hotel and we enjoyed it very much. We had our dog with us and we booked the PetStay Luxury Room at it was very nice. They had nice little treats and bowls in the room for our dog. There is no real "dog walk" area around the hotel, you have to just go out around the bushes and grassy areas around the hotel but that was okay once we understood where we could walk him. The staff was overall very friendly and made you feel welcome. The person that did our check-in was on the curt side and appeared to "be going through the motions". If this had been my first visit to Harrah's properties as a hotel guest, I would not have felt welcomed but I know this is not the norm for their staff.

We went to the Grand Buffet on Sunday evening (New Year's Day) and it was average at best. You really do not have much choice on the food offerings in the hotel as we have tried everything there and it is average and very pricey.

The main thing this last trip that shocked us was our experience at Paula Deen's restaurant. They serve breakfast and have a breakfast buffet bar so we chose to go there prior to leaving the resort. The cooks at the omelet bar do a very nice job and we tend to always go with freshly prepared omelets. When we ordered beverages, I ordered coffee. I was asked if I took cream and I told the waitress yes. When I came back to the table, I had the coffee, a small cream pitcher, and a glass of water which was great. The breakfast was good. Upon receipt of the check, I noticed a charge for milk of $3.00. I asked the waitress and she said it was for the creamer. I could not believe it!!!!!! A glass of milk on the menu shows either $2 or $3 a glass and we were charged $3.00 for that little creamer. We will NEVER go there again! It should have been shown on the menu this was an extra charge and it was considered as a glass of milk. I still am very surprised they would charge for creamer. Even if the breakfast had been inexpensive, I think this is ridiculous but when you pay $16.00 for an omelet, I find that to be excessive.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple