“Stayed in the new creek tower-nothing special. Whats up with housekeeping?”

Harrah's Cherokee Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Stayed in the new creek tower-nothing special. Whats up with housekeeping?”
Reviewed June 17, 2011

My latest trip to Harrahs was an okay experience. My partner and I wanted to stay in the new creek tower that they just finished building a few months a go. The rooms are spacious, a little too modern for the type of atmosphere. I would have expected a more mountainy vibe. The view was bad. It seems like every time I go here, I NEVER get a good view. I either get to look down at the days inn across the street with all the construction, and in the new tower, my view was of the hotel entrance rooftop and car garage. Where are all the views??? Roomservice ends at 11PM so if you gamble all night and get hungry, you're SOL. My last grievance is with housekeeping. This is my greatest problem. What happened to housekeeping? Every other time Ive gone, our room was cleaned wonderfully every day. We stayed from monday-friday. The first morning we left and came back to our room, it looked like the housekeeper ran in, quickly made the bed-poorly, and threw the decorative sham on the bed. It was just literally just thrown on the bed. Not even lined up properly. The other nights, the housekeeping was not up to par, and one night, the housekeeper didn't come at all. When I spoke to the front desk, we were told now when you stay more than one night, there is "limited" service to the rooms. LIMITED service? What the heck is that? they can't afford to hire enough housekeepers to clean the rooms right? From the amount of money I lost at the casino, they should be able to clean and tidy my room every night!! Too bad for housekeeping, I normally leave a tip at the end of my stay, but not this one!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tennboy1981

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,141)
  • Korean first
Georgia
Reviewed June 17, 2011

I don't like the new policy that allows dogs.We were placed on the third floor with the dogs, although they were down a different hall we still had to go by them to get to the pool. On one of our trips back from the pool a dog got away from its owner and ran barking right at my 8 year old daughter. Also after walking down that same hall we were finding fleas on our bodies.My mother is allerigic to dogs and was cought in the elevator with one and had to have a breathing treatment. And as for the food , Paula Deans is the worst place I have ever eaten. The breakfast buffet had nothing on it and what little we did find to eat was bland totally not worth the $80+ dollars we paid for 5 people. With that being the only resturant kids are allowed what are parents to do? We have been coming here since Harrahs opened as just a small casino, and have seen alot of changes,but this was the worst time here that we have ever had. If with all the changes complete things don't improve my family and I will take our vacations some where else.

Room Tip: stay away for the third floor
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank puzzledGeorgia
Blairsville, Georgia
Reviewed June 17, 2011

We live only 90 miles away & will come for the day quite often. It's my husband @ me. We loose about $600.00 or $700.00 a day for 5 or 6 hours. We do not play big, we play 1cent machines. I am considering not going anymore, because we always lose. We have stopped spending the night, because we lose even more. I really like to play the machines, but since they added the 2nd addition, I don't think I can afford it. Cherokee has no compensation. We went to Tunica, Ms. and won a little, We are going to Biloxi, Ms. and we'll see how that goes, but no more Cherokee.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Allen0323
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 15, 2011

My husband and I wanted a quick get away with a short drive from Knoxville, TN
soo... we booked at Harrah's Cherokee Casino & Hotel mid week and had a Wonderful time. The friendliness and knowledge of the staff was great. We stayed in the new Creek Tower and loved the decor and large screen TV. The bed was very comfortable and the large shower was fabulous. We ate at the Buffet and the selection was never ending!! We had lots of fun in the casino and the excitement of the slots was great! I won a little but had the "bug" and continued to play until I lost it all. I really need to learn to take the winning and stop BUT... I don't thing I have a problem yet..HAHA

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
charlotte, NC
Reviewed June 13, 2011

My husband and I go to harrahs cherokee at least twice a month we love what they have done with the place. we always have a nice time. the staff is always friendly and ready to serve you with what ever you want. I don't have a problem with the going green but when it comes to cleaniness I do. out of all the times we have been to harrahs this was the first time I had a problem with the sheets beening dirty. The pillow cases were dirty and the sheets had dried blood on them. I called room service and they changed them right away. I don't know how you could overlook blood in the sheets. those sheets should have been throwed away. as for us returning to cherokee again YES we will be back. over all our stay was perfect except for the sheets. everyone deserves a second chance even harrahs cherokee.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dorothy G
georgia
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Can't beat the value of these rooms. Super nice and super clean. Just be ready for a long hike from check in to the room.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank dischargefilth
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 13, 2011

My Mother and I spent the weekend at Harrah's Cherokee June 3-5, 2011. I'd read all of the negative reviews on here and I was uncertain what to expect since I hadn't been to Harrah's Cherokee in well over a year.

The hotel: We had a room in the new Creek Tower and OMG! These rooms are amazing! Fantasic views of the Smoky Mountains, super comfortable beds, and gorgeous design elements! The staff was very friendly. From the moment we dropped the car with the valet it was all smiles and good times from the staff. Our room was on the 7th floor - which was perfectly fine with us - just a short ride down on the elevator to Paula Deen's and The Cafe - (who has the best coffee ever). The walk to the casino was not as lengthy or bad as some people made it out to be on here. I would say it took roughly 5-6 minutes to walk through the hotel to the casino.

We took a walk to the swimming pool - which can be tricky to find from the Creek Tower - but it was very nice - large and room - with an outdoor sundeck for those who like to worship the Golden Orb!

The casino: The casino floor was unrecognizable from the last time I'd visited. It is freaking HUGE!!!!! It is hard to get bored on the gaming floor because there are SO MANY games to choose from! I even lucked up Saturday night and won not one - but TWO - $1000.00 jackpots on the $1.00 slots!

The food: We ate at Fresh Market Square Buffett for dinner Saturday night and it was FANTASTIC! The food was amazing and the presentation was very nice. Our waitress was very chatty, friendly and accomodating. I have nothing bad to say about the experience. It was Prime Rib Night and the Prime Rib was right on out of the world! Sunday morning we had the breakfest buffet at Paula Deen's and found that to be quite good as well! Our server was very friendly and fast!

Overall, we had such a great time that we just book another weekend there in September. Can't wait to go back!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family