“Harrah's is 100% Better Than Last Visit”

Harrah's Cherokee Hotel
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 28, 2011

I can't say enough about the improvement of this hotel since my visit in November. They have done a 180. The new check in desk is wonderful. The clerk at the desk was most accommodating as we were travelling with my partner's parents and she did her best to get us side by side rooms near the elevator. We stayed in the Mountain Tower and the room and bathroom was spotless and it has been renovated which she said all the rooms in the Mountain & Soco had now been renovated. The Creek Tower is open. It does not have bathtubs only walk in showers and for those of you non smokers, it is completely non smoking. I am a non smoker but my partner is a smoker, but I make him smoke in the lobby near the elevators. I truly believe as time goes on Paula Deen's will improve as I asked people who were there that had eaten there and all said they would go back and when the food court opens, along with the spa, it will be a great place for residents in the SE to get away to for some rest and relaxation and gambling/concerts if that is what you choose to do.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (18,600)

Reviewed March 27, 2011

Slot machine wouldn't print my cash-out ticket to move to play in another slot machine. Hard to believe this, but I had to wait for ONE HOUR for someone to come to give me a hand-pay ticket.. NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT here.

2  Thank RonnieDGeorgia
Reviewed March 27, 2011

On March 14, my husband and I stayed at Harrahs Hotel. We have been coming there for years. We got there about 4: 30 pm. We were put in the wrong room ,then the one that {we had reserved for 6 weeks in advanced}.We also had to pay for the luxury room that we didn't get. The first thing we did was call the front desk and let them know . They said they would let me talk to a supervisor. She told me we would have to stay in the room that we were in. There was no apology or anything.I love to play the slot machines and my husband does also ,but his favorite thing to do is use the tub with the jets in it. Since we didn't get the right room he was very disappointed because he is disabled and it seems to help him. Also what happen to all the original slot machines ???

6  Thank honeybeeTennessee
Reviewed March 26, 2011

My wife & I along with several friends went to Harrahs Cherokee for the REO Speedwagon Concert and to do a little gambling. Our rooms were nice enough, not as posh as I expected but clean enough.They suposedly had 2 queen size beds.If so the Queen must have been extremely petite. Our "spectacular view' (brochure's words, not mine) was of what appeared to be a construction yard behind the hotel.
The concert was really good, better than I expected. However I was not allowed to take my camera because it had interchangeable lenses while other cameras many with the same telephoto capabilities as mine were allowed. They also allowed cell phines.Their main concern seemed to be mine was a "professional camera" (again their words, not mine). I didnt have the heart to tell them that most of the cameras & cell phones I saw folks carrying were capable of making close-ups & videos.
We had visited the casino a couple of times before on day trips while visiting Gatlinburg, the casino is vastly larger than on our last trip a couple of years ago. Back then seemed as if everone playing was having a good time, laughing, talking and enjoying themselves even if they were not winning much.This time seemed different,not as much laughing & smiling and very little winning on anything that I saw.
Our biggest disappointment was the Paula Deen Restaurant. We were terribly disappointed with the dinner buffet. For the price of the buffet which was relatively expensive at $19.95 per person, the food selection was sorely disappointing.Salad bar was pitiful, entrees were ok if you wanted beef, fried chicken, meat loaf of fried catfish, sides were not great and very limited selection.Everything was kept in tiny bowls.We were told it was so the food stayed fresh and hot that way but it slowed service terriby. I suspect it was to keep portion sixes down. Other buffets dont have that problem. Overall, the concert was great & lots of fun, the rest of the trip just ok.

Reviewed March 26, 2011

The hotel was very nice and clean, long lines to check in (diamond players you don't count and they don't care).
The casino is so tight and has gotten tigher as they have progressed on their building. I have been going for 13 years and for the past two years the machines have gotten tighter and tighers. Played for four hours and not one person asked if you would like something to drink, a machine host called for us a pepsi and thirty minutes laters no one had come. We left the casino just a little while later losing $1000.00 and the most we got was $50.00 out of it.
Statue as a dimanod members doesn't mean anything at Cherokee. They have a place for Diamond and Seven Stars to park but anyone can park there, it doesn't matter. All they want is your money,
I find Tunica, Atlantic City, Blioxi, Vegas more accomandating.

2  Thank 7Nanny
Reviewed March 26, 2011

This was my first trip since the renovation started. Stayed from Wednesday - Friday. Drove up to the registration and got the car unloaded and the valet took the car - very quick - friendly and smiling. Next was check in at the beautiful reception area. Stood in line maybe 1 minute. Very quick and easy check in. We took the elevator to our Creek tower room and walked to the very end of the hall. Some reviewers complained about being so far from the evator but I liked it. It was extremely quiet. Our room was stunning and big. It compared to rooms at very modern places like W hotel. I loved the lighting, super comfy bed, gigantic flat screen, sitting area, glassed-in shower, in room coffee maker and frig. We had tons of room for two women and all our stuff. The only problem was a shower door that would not close. The walk to the casino is about 5 minutes but that was ok by me. You get some exercise before you spend hours sitting at the slots. We had $20 food coupons which we used at the buffet. Food is ok with lots of choices. It was not crowded on a mid week night at 6pm. We were in and out and back to the slots. The games were fun but I won the most playing the very old Pot O Gold poker machines. I got lucky on one of my first 25 cent bets and won $250. That carried me the rest of the trip. I love hot hot penny gem hunter and won about $100 on a penny machine in 5 minutes. The rest of the slots are fun but tight. If you like poker machines those seem to be hitting a lot. You play slower and win more. It is much bigger feeling but still needs seating improvement and better air handling. It stinks of smoke really badly. The crowd seems to be older, smokers,overweight women and men. The crowd got younger by Friday. We saw lots of drink carriers and always got free water or sodas from there or at the manned beverage stations. All the staff we interacted with were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2011
3  Thank Palm55
Reviewed March 25, 2011

Our room in Mountain Towers was very nice - and roomy. I am a BIG fan of Paula Deen, however our dinner at Paula Deen's Kitchen was disappointing. We had buffet and there were no vegetables except very hot with hot sauce turnip greens. I love turnip greens but a lot of people don't. Salad bar was low key, and other food was high in carbs - 3-4 meats and 4 pastas. Won't go there again. The hotel is so big it is hard to maneuver around from hotel room to casino and restaurants. In one word - disappointing. And to charge $10.95 a day for internet is ridiculous.

1  Thank gapeachwinder