“Filthy, re-fried, and unpleasant quick stop”

The Little Princess
Ranked #27 of 48 Restaurants in Cherokee
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

When driving by, I thought The Little Princess would be some quick and good home style cooking. I was poorly mistaken. It first took 2 minutes to be seated and then I used the filthiest restroom in the South. I was terrified to touch anything! The dining room was awful too with floors that had not been scrubbed in weeks and kick boards that were black from having never been cleaned. The food was re-fried frozen food you'd find at Walmart and the service was ok. The Management didn't seem to care about the customers either. This place needs new management, a mass scrub down, real food, and a staff that cares. I'll never eat here again!

1  Thank SimplyGrace

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Ate here on a Tuesday. They have a buffet and menu. The hostess told us that on Tue the buffet is 'Indian ', meaning what the local Cherokees ate. The food was fried potatoes, fried with a local wild onion, great taste. Also a mixture of pinto beans and yellow corn hominy. Also outstanding. The fried chicken was better than average too. There was a 'bean bread' if I understood it correctly. In and of itself did not look so hot, but the young lady waiting on us said to salt and pepper to tast, put a little of the freshly rendered and liquid lard on it and eat with the crackling. Oh my, very good indeed. Oh yes, not heart healthy, I know but I don't eat that way very often. Worth doing if you are in the area on Tuesday. This is just a small diner with huge food. If I am in the area again, I will eat there.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Very reasonable & plentiful buffet. Lots of seafood the night we were there. Really good home cooking...loved their homemade soup

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Weird place! Both staff and patrons! Buffet looked like a downmarket Golden Corral. My friend had a butterflied deep fried trout with a side of pinto beans. He has no fear, but will not eat trout for a while after this. The burger and the reuben were good and the service was quick. Probably wouldn't stop in again, but choices are scarce in this 50s time warp.
We should have done what we were tols at Tampoco Lodge: stop at Subway and take a sandwich for a picnic in a scenic spot...

Reviewed May 26, 2012

What eatery has lousy food that takes forever to get served by an unkempt waitress with a bad attitude? That would be "The Little Princess". Correct!!

This place took forever. We almost left twice. I am usually patient but this was too much. It takes terrible service for me to leave a small tip and I left nothing on the table here. The only way this place stays in business is from the die hard buffet crowd.

Not worth a second look.

2  Thank badman525