“Awesome!!”

Ranked #15 of 47 Restaurants in Cherokee
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Located just before the entrance to The Great Smoky Mountains National Park, we have been serving locals and tourist since 1946. We offer a family atmosphere, affortable pricing and exceptional service. Special pricing is available for large groups and tour buses. Our restaurant is open 7 days a week during the months of March thru November. Come see us, we look forward to serving you.
Reviewed January 19, 2013

After a terrible, terrible experience at another local establishment called Granny's (eww..), my family and I were skeptical to try any more restaurants in the Cherokee area. We saw the Newfound Lodge and decided to give it a try because it was the first restaurant we saw and, well, we were hungry.

I figured this place was going to be a "blah" kind of place judging by the looks of it both inside and out, but boy was I wrong. The buffet food was amazing and was at a good price. There wasn't much variety but there didn't need to be because of the quality of the food ("quantity vs. quality," which I have noticed at least one reviewer on here doesn't seem to grasp). Their pulled pork was to die for..my mom and I kept going back for more of it. The corn bread was good as well as the okra and greens. Even their dessert, which I am unsure whether was actually made there or not, was so good that I went for seconds. Granny's crappy establishment should take some lessons from these cooks. This is real home-cooked food and I can't wait to go back.

Also, our server was just great. She was attentive and so friendly but not annoying and in-your-face. She was great and I hope to get her as a server again.

I can't wait to go back here. Highly recommend the buffet!!

2  Thank Mister_Mann

Reviewed November 29, 2012

All home made food but now closed for the season. We ate here the last day they were open. They will re-open in March 2013

Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

When this was a big boy they had standards but everything has changed. The servers try so hard to make your visit pleasant but once you taste the food it all changes. The buffet is a joke with only a handful of options and none of them very good. You are better off at McDonalds.

1  Thank ficwriterpaul
Reviewed November 24, 2012

They had a buffet, my husband checked it out and said it didn't' look good so we ordered off the menu. I ordered the Philly cheesesteak. It looked like mangled steak on a super dry bun. I was glad when the meal was over

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We were so very pleasantly surprised at the quality, taste, price and service at this little buffet! They offer a full menu, but the food on the buffet looked and smelled so good, we didn't even browse the menu. We weren't disappointed, in fact, we were only sorry that we hadn't found this place sooner. I highly recommend this restaurant to everyone in the Cherokee area. You will not be sorry! Two of us stuffed ourselves on delicious food for less then $24.