“Very different experience”

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Very different experience”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Our guide was such an incredibly nice and gentle man. His horses were the same, very gentle, and incredibly obedient and intelligient. The only reason I did not give this five stars is at times it was a little scary going up or down some parts of the mountain. There was no flat terrain to trot the horses, it was truly a moutain ride. I am not that familar with horses so I don't know if they are made for that kind of terrain, it seemed hard for them to navigate at times through all the loose rocks - but they were amazing. The view when you get to the top is incredibly beautiful.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Kelrenee

Tignall
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“nice mountain ride”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Great trail ride up the mountain. Good horses and Goodlow is a very nice person and guide.Pretty views from top of mountain.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Clyde R
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“great experience, great value!!”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Myself, my wife, and 2 children ages 7 and 10 visited Goodlow and his horses this past week. Steep trails, and a beautiful vista view at the top. My kids loved it, and my wife and I enjoyed ourselves too. The price is very reasonable, considering what other places charge, for basically the same experience.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank Veinshucker
“Great guide, great horses, fun rride, pretty woods, great view at top.”
Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

Owner/operated This was a great experience! The price was right on, the guide was knowledgable and friendly, and the scenery was varied and beautiful.

Jerseyville, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Not what i was expecting”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I had not planned on going to End of the Trail for our first time riding horses but ended up here by mistake. First impression of the place was not good but decided to stay and give it a try. My daughter who is 7 and I had never been on a horse before and were both put on with no instructions on how to handle the horses,i was very nervous for her to ride a horse alone but was assured everything would be alright. The trail we went on was very steep, narrow and full of large rocks that the horses had to maneuver around. I myself did not enjoy it at all since she was behind me going to the top and i could not make sure she was doing things right with the horse while going up the side of a mountain. My daughter enjoyed her ride and had a great time but i did not feel it was a very safe experience and would not go there again.

Visited July 2012
6 Thank Jill C
goodlow b, Owner at End of the Trail Horseback Riding, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
I have not had time to respond to your review until now but I remember you well, You were given instructions just like everyone else . but when you are timid, instructions sometime go out the other ear. The horses evidently know what they are doing even when the rider doesn't. Most of my trail is wide enough for a 4-wheel drive vehicle, I often drive my truck up there, it may seem steep for a flat-lander but to us locals its just a winding road to the mountain.Perhaps the other customer that rode with us may have been too out spoken to you and prevented you from enjoying your ride cause your daughter sure did.