“Good family choice”

Dining options: Breakfast
WI
“Good family choice”
Reviewed September 4, 2009

Upon entry, I was a bit concerned because there was hardly anybody in the place and it was around dinner time. Perhaps it is because the Best Western where the motel is contained within, is off Cherokee's main drag.

Anyhow, the wait staff was very nice. The salad portion of the meal allows for a trip to the salad bar to customize by salad choices. It is a salad bar, but provided a better choice than a simple tossed salad.

All of us enjoyed our meals. My son had catfish and I had trout. I don't recall what my wife'sd choice was. And, our youngest chose something off the kid's menu. All the selections were very good. I preferred the catfish over my trout, but my son like the trout more. Good figure.

Nice atmosphere. One of our better dining selections for our NC (Durham, Outer Banks, Smokies) vacation.

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Over-Rated, Over-Cooked and should be OVER-LOOKED!”
Reviewed August 31, 2009

We recently stayed in Cherokee, NC and were told by several of the locals that the Myrtle’s Table Restaurant was a favorite in the area. We decided to visit on a Saturday evening and discovered to our disappointment, that they were only open for breakfast and Lunch.

We returned for lunch the next day, and were sadly disappointed by what we found. The buffet bar was stocked with over-done fried chicken, a “mystery-meat” that they described as pork, assorted vegetables and a couple of desert items. While the staff was friendly, the service was a bit scarce when we needed refills on our drinks; we ended up leaving thirsty with no refills being offered (though they advertise refills on their menu!)

The price of the meal (about $12.00 for 12-years and up and $9.00 for under 12-years) was in our opinion, a bit high for the food and service we received. There are better restaurants in Cherokee, and the surrounding area; we recommend you visit them instead of eating here.