“Group visit”

Granny's Kitchen Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 48 Restaurants in Cherokee
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
North Carolina
“Group visit”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Had a group of 18 from my church and we stopped to eat on our way leaving Cherokee. They accommodated us with ease. No problems finding places for us to sit. The food was awesome. I read some bad comments from people that are not from NC and they must not realize what southern cooking is about. Everyone in my group loved it. Actually there were 6 people in my group that ate there twice while we were in town.
Thanks for looking after a hungry church group. We will be back.

• Visited June 2013
INNsights722, Guest Relations Manager at Granny's Kitchen Restaurant, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
We appreciate your review, and thank you for bringing your church group to dine with us! We look forward to your next visit, and will tell our staff about your review.

Asheville, North Carolina
“not much selection”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

The food tasted good but for the price not worth it. No selection and if you wanted desert other than the pudding or whatever it was on the bar you had to pay extra. Think a price of like 7.99 or 8.99 would be a little more reasonable. I don't think I would make any plans to try again .

3 Thank Sb2999
INNsights722, Guest Relations Manager at Granny's Kitchen Restaurant, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you for dining at Granny's. We try to provide some variety, and change our menu items daily.
Mebane, North Carolina
“Good home cooking”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Buffet but the food was hot and fresh and tasty. Fried chicken and roast beef with chicken n dumplings were great. It was a quick in and out just as we were getting into town.

Visited June 2013
Thank you for your review! We appreciate your comments and for taking time to tell others about your experience!
Orlando, Florida, United States
“OMG!!!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This place was recommended by a local, and did not disappoint! I had lunch from the all-you-can-eat buffet for something like $8. The food is homemade and tasty, tasty, tasty! I had turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, creamed corn, green beans, corn bread... The mashed potatoes were real - had lumps. Yum!! Took coconut cream pie to go! You can't find a better value for your $. I will go back when I'm in Cherokee in July.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Rhonda S
INNsights722, Guest Relations Manager at Granny's Kitchen Restaurant, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for dining at Granny's and telling others about your experience! We really appreciate it, and look forward to seeing you here again soon. Safe travels!
South Charleston, West Virginia
“Best option in Cherokee”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have friends who LOVE this place, so stopped for lunch while in the area for a movie. Great fried trout, smoked chicken, excellent home-made mac and cheese. Salad bar was good, but wish they had romaine as well as iceburg lettuce. Loved the pickled beets! I did not care for the green beans or greens - quite an unusual taste that I can't even identify - but they were the only items we tried that we didn't like or finish. Overall, good food consistently replenished. Our server was GREAT, constantly filling our teas, brought extra napkins and hot sauce, very pleasant, and the other ladies were hustling, as well.
One suggestion: Perhaps think about the dining room layout - a bit noisy and people bustling - just breaking up the tables a bit more and adding some plants would really help. Because of that factor, will lower an otherwise great overall rating from me.
Overall, I enjoyed it and will come back when in Cherokee.

1 Thank stenowriter
Thank you for dining with us and for taking the time to write a review! We really appreciate it, and will share your comments with our staff.