“We raise our kids coming here over 25 yrs. Now we are bringing her grandkids.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riverside Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cherokee
Riverside Motel
You added Riverside Motel to your Saves list
Ranked #24 of 29 Hotels in Cherokee
“We raise our kids coming here over 25 yrs. Now we are bringing her grandkids.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I remember when the steps where rod iron winding steps to the second floor.
I NEVER come close to here that i do Not go outta my way to stay here.
They ALWAYS made sure we was happy. An they don't hover like some places.
They have a LARGE covered cooking area with many grill spots an picnic tables.
My Jack Russell Prissy was more then welcome.
My kids grew up coming here. I CAN NOT say enough great things about this place.
I left all my medicine narcotics an they felt so bad for me.
We picked up my medicine the next day and they was so nice.
We live about 40 min. From Florida. I can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank SharonDaniels7

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Although the hotel is right on the main road, the noise is at a minimum on that side of town at night. The beds sleep great and are furnished nicely. Everything in our room worked well and the balcony over looking the river is great. (Although you are facing a campsite across the river) We actually left the balcony door open for the night instead of running the air conditioner. The personnel are very nice and accomidating. Great place to stay in Cherokee!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank jiles_11
Shelby, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We love to stay at the Riverside Motel.....It is very peaceful and relaxing....It is GREAT for the family or just for a quick weekend get away. It is away from the busy section of cherokee.....We can grill out and enjoy our meal right there by the beautiful river.....We visit Riverside at least 3 times a year. After a stressful week at work....it's just two and a half hour drive to a peaceful and relaxing place to rest......The rooms are big and roomy....We love the big comfortable bed. We get better rest there than at home.....LOL....Our whole family went one year, we had a wonderful time. The grandchildren didn't want to go home and i couldn't blame them..I wanted to stay longer too.

Room Tip: For a beautiful place that is relaxing and quiet....visit Riverside Motel....
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Sandra C
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My family has been staying here for yrs an we love it! Its not the fanciest place to stay in Cherokee but it is the best as far as view/location. Its a mile from the main rd in town, the kids can fish, swim an play away from traffic. There's a picnic area with grills right next to the river where u can relax an enjoy the view. They have recently painted the rooms an updated furniture. Run by a very sweet family an always a good price. We can't wait to go back :)

• Stayed August 2012
7 Thank Brandie1982
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Surprise! That's how I felt when I got to my room and looked right out on the trout stream running through Cherokee. The room had a comfortable king size bed and was clean and neat. The really cool thing was a high table with two stool chairs sitting right in front of big window over looking the stream. I was upstairs and most of the trout fisherman were down stairs. The stream there is stocked by the Cherokee and is controlled by them. A permit is required but looked like a good deal considering the number of fish being caught.

The rate was great, nearly 25% less than the chains in area.

I went to the casino and didn't get in until 2 AM. Slept like a baby until 10 AM. Peaceful, quiet and did I mention the view of the stream. I'll be back for sure.

Room Tip: Upstairs has the best view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
8 Thank Jim C
New Lexington, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

just speaking of about my stay-rooms were great,beds were best we slept on all week.very clean.didnt look best when we pulled in to hotel ,but loved it once we got to rooms.we was only gonna stay 1 night but loved the atmosphere,so we stayed another.we used to stay at the quality/comfort inn in cherokee,but after this week,we will go back to riverside.we have been all over the U.S.A. on motorcycles and felt very at home here.watching the people trout fish from our balcony was relaxing.the people running the place were very nice.im from ohio and dont know any of the owners or workers,this is just my expierience.ive never rated a hotel,but me and 3 other couples on motercycles loved it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
4 Thank troy50732
salibury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

this may be considered by some as a low end motel but the family that owns it go out of thier way to make your experiance with them enjoyable. The atmoshpere outside the hotel is very charming. The stonework along the riverside is awesome. This is a great motel for families on a budget. We will return. As a matter of fact, we have reservations for today and will be checking in a few hours from now to spend the Fourth of july weekend. Where else could you get nice clean rooms, beautiful scenery and close proximity to the casino for $89 per nite on a holiday weekend?

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple