“A little ME time”

Casino at Harrah’s Cherokee
Ranked #10 of 33 things to do in Cherokee
More attraction details
Owner description: A popular all-video gambling center.
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I often go to Harrahs with friends and spouses. Lots of girl trips! I wanted to "get away" for a few days by myself, do some work and gamble. We always reserve rooms in the Soco Tower because we are smokers. I checked in and the front desk person warned that there was some construction going on below my room and if it bothers me let them know. Ok. I walk in my room and am amazed that it is newly remodeled and totally different from the rooms before. Updated and very beautiful! Never heard a sound from the "construction". I was alone and always felt secure walking around on the property even late at night.
Ordered room service for dinner, the food was hot and good.
I played slots and cards, always great dealers and had lots of fun with other people at the tables and slots.
Will be going back for "girls trip" in a couple of weeks. Hope we get the updated rooms!
Must say. Well done Harrrah's!

1  Thank Jayme W
Write a ReviewReviews (3,213)
All reviews
in 71 reviews
"valet"
in 37 reviews

Reviewed April 6, 2014

On March 28 drove up to Cherokee NC. Went to the casino played a few slot machines lost forty dollars. The staff at the casino was friendly and very helpful. They have personal walking around handing out free drinks ( non alcoholic). I then left the casino and went downtown and shopped for awhile. I decided to go back to the casino that night. There had been a staff change and the new staff was just as great as the earlier staff was. I wanted to play a game I had never payed before the game was roulette. One of the staff members explained how to pay and then I played it and won back the forty dollars I had lost earlier. I decided to play a game called Deal or no Deal. I played for about thirty minutes and won fifty-two dollars. I left the game and cashed out. I did not win a ton of money but I did not lose any. I had a blast at the casino and plan on going back in the near future.

2  Thank peanutpiegonforge
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I loved the design, the special effects and the meeting rooms. but even takeout places have free internet. I was there for a meeting and most of our group needs access 24/7. I had to wait to go to the hotel down the street to get internet.

3  Thank TwigCaldwell
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Not the biggest or best casino ever but very clean and open. Will return again. Hotel room was large enough for 4.