“Great History”

Mountainside Theatre
More attraction details
Owner description: This musical performance features country music dating from 1940s to the present.
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Have seen the play many times over the years. Its a must.

1  Thank SkyEagle
There are newer reviews for Mountainside Theatre

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Some of these reviews are just NOT factual! This show was AWESOME! One minute you will be laughing and the next you will be crying! Seriously! We ALWAYS save EXTRA money for this when we visit Cherokee! YOU will not be disappointed!

5  Thank AdamsAppleTree
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I have been to see "Unto These Hills" (or UTH) for several seasons and I highly recommend taking the time to see the "Show about the Cherokee by the Cherokee."

Also, in Addition to "Unto These Hills" this season, is "Cherokee Family Reunion." A contemporary look at native life written by Larissa FastHorse. I found it not quite as educational as UTH, but more engaging.

1  Thank Mr L
Reviewed June 23, 2012

After reading the previous articles I was questioning my decision to buy tickets. I am so glad that we decided to go. We really enjoyed it. I thought the acting was rather good; and told the story of the Cherokee Indians. I actually learned quite a bit of history that I didn't know. Pre-show is a little lame and the actual play does not start until 8pm. It is a good 2 hour show. Bring a jacket as it is outdoors and it gets a little chilly when the sun goes down, even in June.

2  Thank katnchr
Reviewed September 16, 2011

It was so very disappointing. I have seen much better high school productions. The writing and the acting were terrible. I was expecting a moving production, but it was plain silly. I understand it used to be very good, but don't waste your money now. It's guaranteed disappointment.

3  Thank AnonymousColumbia_SC