“Indian Princess”

Mountainside Theatre
More attraction details
Owner description: This musical performance features country music dating from 1940s to the present.
Provo
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Indian Princess”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I have been to see "Unto These Hills" (or UTH) for several seasons and I highly recommend taking the time to see the "Show about the Cherokee by the Cherokee."

Also, in Addition to "Unto These Hills" this season, is "Cherokee Family Reunion." A contemporary look at native life written by Larissa FastHorse. I found it not quite as educational as UTH, but more engaging.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Mr L

Westhampton, MA
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Enjoyed it!”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

After reading the previous articles I was questioning my decision to buy tickets. I am so glad that we decided to go. We really enjoyed it. I thought the acting was rather good; and told the story of the Cherokee Indians. I actually learned quite a bit of history that I didn't know. Pre-show is a little lame and the actual play does not start until 8pm. It is a good 2 hour show. Bring a jacket as it is outdoors and it gets a little chilly when the sun goes down, even in June.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank katnchr
Columbia, SC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“It was horrible.”
Reviewed September 16, 2011

It was so very disappointing. I have seen much better high school productions. The writing and the acting were terrible. I was expecting a moving production, but it was plain silly. I understand it used to be very good, but don't waste your money now. It's guaranteed disappointment.

Visited August 2011
3 Thank AnonymousColumbia_SC
Cedar Creek, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Story is great, acting is junior high”
Reviewed August 6, 2010

I have seen this play when I was 7. Again at 26 with kids and at early 40's. It was well acted and very moving. I could hardly stay for the entire performance this time. They might as well have been reading the script for the first time. There was no emotion and all seemed to be going through the motions. I say skip it and save yourselves the frustration. When they did the traditional eagle dance, my son said we just saw the Eagles in concert.

1 Thank nobody06
Arlington, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great for kids, but be careful of choosing your seats!”
Reviewed July 29, 2010

I took my children, ages 6, 8, 10 to see this show. They all loved it; however I thought that sitting right down in front would be better, but it wasn't. We sat in row B, center, seats 1-6. There is a huge green platform that extends into the viewing area from these rows: center A-C, that made it VERY hard for the children (and adults too) to see what was happening at the front of the stage. I recommend getting tickets at least row D and back so that you can be sure to see ALL of the actors!

10 Thank DrJennD