Museum of the Cherokee Indian
Ranked #3 of 33 things to do in Cherokee
More attraction details
Owner description: This site tells the history and culture of the Cherokee Indians through displays and modern computer images.
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

This museum is very informative. My husband and I liked reading the signs as we walked through the musuem but my 11 and 12 year old children were not as interested in reading. However, through the museum there are recordings and videos which both the kids and I found interesting. I would not recommend this museum for children under 8 as the information presented is above that age for comprehension. Younger children would enjoy the village more than the museum.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,154)

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Very moving. Provides a good introduction to history and makes you want to learn more about many subjects.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

This was not our first visit to Cherokee but this time we finally had time to go to this museum and I am so glad we did.....it was so well put together we enjoyed every minute of it.....It is definitely a "do not miss" attraction....

Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Being native american and not getting much history passed down to me. I was very excited to visit here and learn as much as I could. My boyfriend and I loved it! But i also felt a sadness on how we treated eachother (each tribes story). But i appreciated it and loved Qualla across from the museum.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

This was an interesting museum and didn't take too much time. It is well done and enlightening. The ticket was good all day, so we went before lunch, left to eat and came back. The introductory video was very thoughtfully put together. Go if you can.