“Rude Shop Owner” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cherokee Indian Reservation
Ranked #8 of 31 things to do in Cherokee
Type:
More attraction details
Owner description: Located adjacent to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and Blue Ridge Parkway, this is home to more than 12,500 members of the Cherokee Indian nation.
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Rude Shop Owner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

The shop owner at Tom Tom Gifts insulted me as I was trying on a hat. He told me to "put that down girl. It isn't a toy". I was trying on the hat so that I could buy it if it fit my head. I told him this and he says, "I don't believe you." I am 19 years old. I wasn't playing with the hat. I just don't intend to buy something that doesn't fit. He yelled derogatory comments at me while I was exiting the store. I don't intend to ever visit Cherokee, NC ever again.

12 Thank MeganKathleen19

Knoxville, Tennessee
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Make this drive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

The Cherokee reservation is a great place to go back in time and create lasting memories. There are touristy types of merchants to visit, but there is so much more that is free to the public to enjoy. You can hike, drive, walk, or fish and enjoy the bountiful nature all around.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank ChrissyAdventures
Cleveland, Ohio
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Interesting place to visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

I went to the Cherokee Indian Reservation with my family as part of our vacation to Gatlinburg. The tour guides were informative, and the dances were entertaining. The village was interesting to see, and the Cherokee performing their crafts was a nice touch. My favorite part of the experience was definitely our walk in the gardens, which were very peaceful and beautiful.

Visited July 2012
6 Thank Meagan O
Victoria, Texas
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Cherokee Traditions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

A Cherokee Indian Lady gave us a Tour through the Old Indian Village .She showed us how they used to live and work. We saw Speer- Making, Canoe- Carving ,Dart--Blowing,and beautiful Bead Art . The surrounding Forest had Trees labled to show what Medicine was derived from the Bark, the Leaves and Roots from the Trees. It was very interesting . The town of Cherokee has a lot of Shops with Indian Art. There is also a Festival in the Summer in Honor of the Cherokees. We went in the Fall, wich was breath-taking!

Visited October 2012
7 Thank Renate B
Cramerton, North Carolina
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“loved this place all my life”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

if you come make sure to check out bearland.for families santa's land is great.the shops by the river by bearland are nice especially the mill

Visited August 2012