“Brilliant Hour Spent Riding Through The Smokies”

Smokemont Riding Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Smokemont Riding Stables is located within the Great Smoky Mountains National Park just off US 441, 6 miles north of Cherokee, North Carolina. We offer guided horseback riding trips from one hour to 4 hours long. Each ride is unique and may feature river crossing or waterfall views. We also have a horse drawn wagon ride that goes along the Oconaluftee River on the historic turnpike road.
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant Hour Spent Riding Through The Smokies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

We had a wonderful hour at the Smokemont Riding Stables whilst vacationing in Bryson City. The stables was well sign posted and easy to find. Very well organised and kept us up to date about the previous ride running late (due to a bear trying to get some honey from a bees nest on the trail). Riding hats available, the horses were really well trained and all the staff were helpful. All four of us enjoyed our time there, even my horse hating husband, who after riding said it was one of his favourite activities of the week.

Visited August 2014

Summerville, South Carolina
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“44 and on horseback!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

I haven't ridden horses since I was a little girl when I would ride them every summer on my uncles' farms. Came across this stable and saw that they offered guided mountain tours on horseback. My daughter has taken horseback lessons since she was 10 and she loves horses, so I thought this would be perfect for us! A 2 and 1/2 hour tour was reasonable at $75 per person and I DEFINITELY got my money's worth! The horses were all very well-trained, the staff was very hard-working and looked after every rider (experienced or not) closely. They were humorous, helpful and energetic. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and it even made me consider taking up horseback riding lessons since it is so fun and definitely good exercise!

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Laura N
Jacksonville, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Enjoyable afternoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

My sister and I had an awesome time at Smokemont! From the moment we arrived, we were very well taken care of and prepared for our upcoming excursion! The staff (especially Dillan) were patient, kind and understanding of all the questions we had about our ride. The adventure was breathtaking! What a great trial we had to ride our horses and the stop by the waterfall made it very special. If you would like to create a lasting memory, please stop by this place. They know what they are doing to make your day crazy good! I can't wait to go back next time we are in NC.

3 Thank Cindy W
Breaux Bridge Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome Adventure!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

We wanted to try something new and adventurous during our mountain vacation and this was perfect. The horses were beautiful, well trained and very well taken care of!!!!! Everyone there was awesome!! Family owned and operated by 4 generations!!!! Our guide Marleigh was amazing and full of energy and fun facts. We even saw a deer.. Definitely a re-do!!!!

3 Thank NisieG
Cypress, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“I love horses!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

This trail ride was great. It was four hours and the scenery was really nice. The horses are well taken care of and were a pleasure to ride.

1 Thank Shannon L