“First Trail ride”

Smokemont Riding Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Smokemont Riding Stables is located within the Great Smoky Mountains National Park just off US 441, 6 miles north of Cherokee, North Carolina. We offer guided horseback riding trips from one hour to 4 hours long. Each ride is unique and may feature river crossing or waterfall views. We also have a horse drawn wagon ride that goes along the Oconaluftee River on the historic turnpike road.
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Had a great time and plan on taking the longer ride next time. My horse's name was Jughead and he was easy to ride.

1  Thank Jerry J
There are newer reviews for Smokemont Riding Stables

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We visited here on a family vacation and took our young children. This was one of the best experiences we had. The view was breathtaking and the guides, Tim and Buck, were exceptional. They were very nice, knowledgable about everything and made the horse ride a blast. Our children absolutely loved it and are still begging us to go back! Highly recommend this to anyone in the area!

2  Thank Kdevaun
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I am a recovering addict. I have been through many classes and treatment programs throughout my life and nothing ever seemed to work for me. It was just recently that my childhood love of horses was reawakened and I was blessed to be able to take a ride with the amazing people of smokemont riding stables. During my ride to the waterfall, I really took it all in, the beauty of the great outdoors, the amazing creature I was riding on, and just how lucky I am today. Miss Elizabeth truly is one of the nicest people I've ever had the joy of meeting, and her stable and staff really helped me through a tough time in my life. I would highly recommend this stable to anyone visiting the area and you will definitely get your moneys worth with this experience. The guides are experienced with the animals and the area as well, and it's definitely something to write home about! Check it out, you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Melissa B
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We visited Smokemont (which is 3 miles from the Ocanaluftee visitor center - south side of park by Cherokee) and had such a great time. The one hour ride was tranquil and safe. We have a 5 and 7 year old, and were worried about their safety. They put a lead rope and handler with each child. I could relax and enjoy without worrying. When does that happen?
And, they are only $30 for a 1 hour ride. This is half the price you'll find elsewhere plus the Great Smoky NP recommends them.
Treat your family to a memory-making ride!

1  Thank christinavr6
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and i came to Cherokee for our honeymoon Kitty and Roger Bowers. We visited Smokemont Stables where we had the pleasure of enjoying a 4 hour trail ride with our most awesome guides Sonny and Tim both were very knowledgeable of the surroundings.the horses we rode Jughead and Bernadette were well trained and most pleasant to ride thank you again. Will be back again big hugs to Rob awesome gentle giant beautiful Perchron,,,,,thanks much Kitty and Roger...Virginia Beach, Va

1  Thank Kitty B