“Beautiful forrest tour with very friendly poneys”

Smokemont Riding Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Smokemont Riding Stables is located within the Great Smoky Mountains National Park just off US 441, 6 miles north of Cherokee, North Carolina. We offer guided horseback riding trips from one hour to 4 hours long. Each ride is unique and may feature river crossing or waterfall views. We also have a horse drawn wagon ride that goes along the Oconaluftee River on the historic turnpike road.
Fla
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Beautiful forrest tour with very friendly poneys”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

We did a 2 hour trip to the falls in the park. The guide and staff were very friendly and our horses were very gentle and were willing participants in many of our pictures.

The tour takes you up via the side of the mountain and to a novice jockey may be a little intimidating but the views are beautiful. The waterfalls deep in the woods are worth visiting.

The town of Cherokee is scenic and fun and well worth a visit.

2 Thank Son-of-Poochmas

Clayton, North Carolina, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Equestrian fun in the Smokies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

My 9 year old had been begging to go horseback riding for the first time, so I was happy to find stables when planning our last minute trip to the mountains. They're conveniently located 3 miles from the Cherokee entrance to the Smokey Mountain National Park. Our 3 riders had little to no experience, but had a fantastic time. We hadn't even reached the stables before the kids were planning their next trip!

2 Thank Valerie S
Orlando
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“A great family outing!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

I love horses, and I love mountains, so riding horses in the Smoky Mountains was awesome! Our guides Tim, Timmy, and Rob were great. Tim is very entertaining! We did the shorter, 2 1/2 hour tour up to the waterfall which was a treat. Wished we had more time to do the 4 hour ride. We had a great time!

3 Thank trinitrubl
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great First Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

My 8yr old son had never been on a horse, Mr Tim made our experience a great one! Everyone at the stable was so polite and happy to answer all of our silly questions. We chose the one-hour ride because it was my sons first time and I wasn't sure how he would do. Halfway through the ride I was regretting that we had chosen only an hour. As soon as we finished my son was talking about his next visit, which will definitely be longer! The horses were great and obviously well cared for and Mr Tim was the best!! I have already recommended Smokemont to several friends! We will for certain be back!!

4 Thank marjorieJ72
Saint Cloud, Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

Found this place just by luck of google search. My daughter (10) and I loved it. We are not experienced riders, and did the 1 hour trail ride. It was raining when we got there, but never felt it as we were under the trees. Horses were well taken care of and our guide rocked!! The lady in the office was soo sweet and answered all if our tedious questions with pleasure. The trail took us through a tunnel under 441 and through the river (shallow points) . One hour was plenty for us, as our legs were tired by the end... :) highly recommend !!!

Visited July 2012