“Who knew this was even in Cherokee? Awesome!”
Review of Mingo Falls

Mingo Falls
Ranked #2 of 33 things to do in Cherokee
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Incredible sight once you climb up about 150 stairs! We were looking for a hiking trail, which we thought would be plentiful, and were told about this cascade. Only a quarter mile hike wasn't quite enough for our dog's energy level, but would definately recommend that you go see it!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

After a very short hike up a trail you will come to a little bridge - go out on the bridge and see one of largest waterfalls in the area. It was a very pleasant surprise - you can't see it at all until you're out on the bridge. Just go straight through Smokey Mtn park on 441, first stop light in Cherokee turn left and then turn left again onto Big Cove Road. Go about 5 miles, past the KOA Campground and there is a little sign for Mingo Falls. It's worth the trip - larger than Laurel Falls!

1  Thank nancygZ3644XV
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Mingo Falls in Cherokee, NC was amazing and beautiful. The climb up was a bit challenging to me as I had several months before had a triple fusion to the right ankle. Thankfully my wonderful husband and friends assisted me so it was possible and others climbing around me were incredibly patient and pleasant folks. It was so worth it to go up all those stairs and over all those rocks to the observation deck as the view was more than worth it. To me it was second only to the falls in Oahu.
This is a trip I would do again and again. The time of year was perfect too with temperatures in the upper 60's and the foliage just beautiful.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Long hard climb for the disabled mom, but made it better than most younger kids..awesome waterfall, cant wait to go back..

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were directed here after recommended by our guide at Smokemount riding stable. We were totally amazed by the beautiful Mingo Falls! Take your time to enjoy the view as you walk up the 100+ steps!

1  Thank Coleen D