See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My husband had actually booked a surprise weekend getaway for us in the Fall of 2009. I fell in love with the place! We stayed in "Fancy's Creek House". It was amazing. Small, quiet and perfectly clean!! We spent the weekend driving through the parkway, and coming back to our romantic little cabin and setting on the porch, listening to the creek!
In November 2010, I booked a surprise stay for the weekend of my husband's birthday, and we stayed in the "Natures Landing" cabin. It was even more wonderful than our previous visit. Carla had went into the cabin and turned on the heat so it would be warm and inviting. It was extremley cold, and we actually woke up to snow the next morning! The creek that runs by the cabin, (the porch actually overlooks it) had ice frozen in the small falls, and on the mountain laurels. It was breathtaking!
The cabins that we stayed in have small, but efficiently stocked kitchens. I brought my groceries, and of course I had baked a homemade birthday cake for my husband and brought along.
The cabins are cleaned spotless, and there is plenty of very hot water for the in-cabin jacuzzi tub, complete with bubble bath, candles and wine glasses! I will be booking our romantic, no kids allowed getaway soon!!!
Note, there is no pool, and no room service. There are several amazing places to eat in Cherokee, including Pauls, where they serve authentic indian tacos. Its a must!

Room Tip: Book several months ahead due to Rod Run and Harley Rally!
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank HappyMommyintheMtns
PantherCreekCabins, Front Office Manager at Panther Creek Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

We are so happy that you had a wonderful time. Remember us again for your next get-a-way.

Reviewed June 27, 2011

My husband went went with two other friends to this cabin for a fishing trip. It was great! I would go back any time I am in the area. The owner is very nice. The grounds are just beautiful! If you want to get away from everything yet not be far from town this is the place for you! Why stay in a hotel when you can stay in a cabin with everything you need!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank facials7
PantherCreekCabins, General Manager at Panther Creek Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

We are so happy you had a wonderful time please it's time for you to come back again.

Reviewed October 18, 2010

I normally do not write reviews but love the rustic feeling and quietness of the cabin during the fall season. The owners Noel and Carla were very nice and we plan on coming back again next year to hike some more of the area.

The cabins are decorated in old time decor and there is no internet (which I loved). The creek is right next to the cabins and with the exception of some traffic you can hear the water rushing.

It is away from all the touristy look that the downtown has and is more in line w/a country feel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Pennymercantile

We've missed you please come visit again.

Reviewed April 3, 2010

Panther Creek Cabins offer a secluded feel, but are mere minutes from downtown Cherokee, the casino, and some amazing trout fishing! My friends and I stay with Carla and Noel every year for the opening day of trout season and they have NEVER failed to make our stay enjoyable. The rooms are very clean, affordably priced and like I said close to excellent fishing. Be sure to visit The Old Mill that Carla and Noel run too. Extremely interesting bit of living history.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank troutfisher66

we are so happy you love our place please come again. Book now for the next trout season and save.

Reviewed March 13, 2010

Great cabin - very ruistic and very quiet. Cherokee is a great place to enjoy nature and outdoor activities. The Panther Creek cabins are a perfect setting and a great experience to go along with outdoor adventures.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MaryWM
Noel B, Owner at Panther Creek Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

We are happy that you had a wonderful time but wow it's time for you to come back. The season is calling. Hope to see you soon.