River's Edge Motel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$91
$76
$69
Econo Lodge Cherokee(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
$74
$149
$145
$119
$101
Fairfield Inn
Hampton Inn Cherokee(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
$114
$104
Hampton.com
Quality Inn(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
$90
Rodeway Inn & Suites On The River(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
$72
Super 8 Cherokee(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
$85
$77
$459
  • Pool
All reviewsrivers edgesitting on the balconyriver viewwatching the ducksfamily suiteoffice closesroom was cleanoconaluftee riverscreen doorfrench doorsmom and poppeter's pancakesreasonable ratesroad noiseice machineslept greatwalking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I love this hotel!!! I race in the Cherokee Harvest 5k and half marathon every year! This is my choice of hotel for this race!!!! The people are so friendly. The location is incredible! If you are going to the race, you can actually walk (or run your warm up) to the starting line from this hotel!! If you are not a racer and you are interested in the cultural side of Cherokee again, this is the hotel for you!! It's right up the road from the museum!!!! The rooms are spacious, and the views are spectacular!!! I highly recommend this hotel, and I plan to stay here again and again!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank SummerAutobot
EconoCherokeeMgmt, Manager at River's Edge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Thank you for your Comments. We are very pleased that you enjoyed you stay with us. We look forward to you next stay with us and again Thank You

Reviewed June 26, 2014

My husband & I wanted to get away for Mardi Gras and headed to Cherokee without reservation. We arrived about 4pm and saw the River Edge Hotel. We went in the lobby and was told we were the only guest for the next few days and no one was going to be there. They gave us a great rate and loaded us down with towels. The room was very clean. There wasn't a lot of traffic this time of year. Other than the bubbling river it was so quiet. We walked over to Paul's to eat and walking back the Elk was in the middle of the road. We quickly got to the balconies and watched them till it was too dark to see them. It was a very nice weekend. I would definately stay there again.

Room Tip: Get lower rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank BonnWatt

Thank You for you review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Glad the Elk were out for your viewing pleasure. We hope you will allow us to serve you again soon and once again Thank You.

Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Very nice clean hotel with balconies overlooking the river. Would stay again. Fuzzy picture on TVs but there to enjoy nature not watch TV. Nice helpful staff. Great value. No breakfast but there is coffee in the room.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brian D

We are so glad you enjoyed you stay with us. Our staff takes great pride in our hotel. We hope you will consider us for your next trip to Cherokee.Again Thank You

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We selected to stay in Cherokee for the night as it is the start of the Blue Ridge Highway and had good access to the Smokies
I do the hotel selection for trips that my husband and I take and I chose this motel based on reviews on this web site. The carpeted balcony and the location overlooking the river were a plus but the room was fair and the fan in the bathroom was overly loud. I am sensitive to noise and could still hear the cars on the road overnight. Given the reviews I also expected extremely friendly service at the desk but found it to be just average.
The location was good. We were able to walk to dinner at Paul's and then had breakfast the pancake restaurant. Getting out was not a problem as long as one is careful. Should we ever make another trip to the area I would most likely choose one of the chains.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JackieJoM
EconoCherokeeMgmt, Manager at River's Edge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Thank You for reviewing our Hotel. We are so0rry that we did not meet with you standards. The bathroom vents have never been an issue before. We hope you will give us the oppertunity to serve you again in the future. Again we appricate your stay and hope you will allow us to serve you again.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

My husband, step son and I spent the night here last week and it was quite nice. Not the Hilton but the room was updated, the balcony over the river was very relaxing. It is extremely close to the road but as long as you are careful there's no real problem. The office closes at pm which they tell you ahead of time which is nice. When we got up to check out at 9:30 the next morning the office was not open so we along with some other travelers left our keys in our rooms. No instructions on what to do if they weren't open and no 'drop box' to put the key in. Over all a good clean place to stay.

Room Tip: No fluff here, no swimming pool but the river balconys are relaxing.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will allow us to serve you again. Thank You