“Great Place”
Review of River's Edge Motel

River's Edge Motel
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
Reviewed November 17, 2013

The rooms are clean, comfortable, and efficient. The location is perfect with easy access to the best river walk style park in the NC mountains. The river IS your back yard as it touches your balcony's edge. The rooms are dark when it's time to sleep.

Room Tip: Park at the right end as the parking lot is near the road.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Scott F

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Great room! The room was clean and neat, updated, and had no musty smells. The beds are very comfortable. Wifi service was strong. The view of the river was amazing! The only thing I would change is adding a screen on the patio in order to sleep to the sound of the river. The location is great. I look forward to staying again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Jessica A
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This was our third October staying at Rivers Edge Motel. We enjoy the relaxing atmosphere and comfort we find here. Our room has always been clean. The view and sounds of the river from the balcony is our favorite. Very close to street but with door closed you can not hear traffic. Staff (Roger this trip) has always gone the extra step to make our stay so pleasant. I believe the beds are very comfortable and cozy. Plan to be back next October or sooner.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deborah T
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Rivers Edge motel in Cherokee , NC for a last minute trip.
I checked all the travel websites and everything was totally booked in Cherokee thru most of the month. . I then started calling the individual motels/hotels and got a nice lady on the phone at Rivers Edge.
We have stayed in all types of rooms, including 5 star, so wasn't sure about what we would find in this room. I was pleasantly surprised ! The draperies and bed linens appeared to be new, carpet was either new or cleaned and the bathroom was spotless. The motel is located directly on the river and the sound of the water rushing by was relaxing . The only drawback to this room is this; the tv is small , the road noise can be loud if there is a lot of traffic, as the road is close, and the wifi was spotty.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room, and one closer to the office so the wifi signal is stronger .
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

We had the misfortune of having a room that had been converted from smoking. Converted when I don't know, probably as needed! I talked to someone at the desk and there was nothing else available, but during the conversation she said the second floor has been remodeled and has always been non smoking. When making a reservation make it plain if you need non smoking and ask for the second floor. We did still enjoy the hotel. Great location, quiet and the wonderful balconies over the river.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Sights2
Reviewed September 28, 2013

A friend introduced me to the Rivers Edge Motel a few years ago and I fell head over heels in love with the place. It's a small place with only 21 rooms, but it is a little slice of Heaven on earth.

The recently renovated rooms are warm and cozy, very clean and you can't beat the view. Every room has a balcony. I can't really say they're riverfront because it's more like they are hovering OVER the river. The rushing waters provide the most calming sensation and this is my personal little haven whenever I need to escape the city and "hide" from the world. I always come away from here a much more peaceful and happy person.

Tracey at the front desk has always been friendly and helpful.

The motel is within walking distance of a little restaurant called Paul's that is quite tasty, as well as a gift shop. There is no pool, but I don't miss it. The rooms have refrigerators, and there is a microwave in the lobby that guests are permitted to use.

I almost hate to review the place because I like to think of it as my little secret, but I enjoy it too much NOT to share.

If you are looking for a romantic or calming getaway, this is the place to be. Sometimes I never even leave the room!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Tracy B
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

As I chatted to the lady in the office, more options materialised. It was as though she was checking us out. Happily we ended up in an upstairs room with king size bed. Sadly, although it was a non smoking room it had been smoked in, a lot and recently. It lessened after we'd aired the room. The balcony over the river was ace and we sat there all evening after we explored the locality on foot and realised that it was better not to be out in Cherokee.

• Stayed: September 2013