River's Edge Motel
$91
$76
$69
Econo Lodge Cherokee(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
$74
$149
$145
$119
$101
Fairfield Inn
Hampton Inn Cherokee(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
$114
$104
Hampton.com
Quality Inn(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
$90
Super 8 Cherokee(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
$85
$77
Hotels.com
Rodeway Inn & Suites On The River(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
$72
$459
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsrivers edgesitting on the balconyriver viewwatching the ducksfamily suiteoffice closesroom was cleanoconaluftee riverscreen doorfrench doorsmom and poppeter's pancakesreasonable ratesroad noiseice machineslept greatwalking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We booked this hotel for our romantic weekend trip because the rooms at Harrah's were full and we are so glad they were. The room including bathroom were spotless. The bed was so comfortable and there were plenty of pillows. The sound of the river rushing by at night with the sliding glass doors open for both sound and breeze was great. We loved sitting on the balcony at night and listening to the river and watching the moon rise over the trees. My husband loved that he could fly fish right outside our room and I loved that I could watch him and read my book on the balcony at the same time. The hotel was convenient to Harrah's so we got to play the slots (we actually won enough to pay for our stay and buy new tires when we got home - yippee) We like this little motel so much that we will probably not stay at Harrah's again and instead stay here.......

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank yomaryjo
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Our room was large, very clean and comfortable. The free wi-fi came in handy while we passed time sitting on our balcony over the river. The shower was excellent! Would recommend this motel, it is great value for money.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dromomaniacs
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I booked this hotel through hotels.com. We paid only $56 per night! The location is supreme, the front desk staff (especially Bonnie) were exceptional, the rooms were very clean. The beds are comfortable, but I would bring my own pillow next time. The motel is right on the road, so you have to exercise caution if you don't back your vehicle in. Each room has a balcony that overlooks the river. The view is great! It is located very close to shopping, restaurants and the park entrance. Downtown Cherokee is right down the road. We usually always stay at Hilton/Hampton and i was a little hesitant about booking somewhere we had no prior knowledge of. I am thrilled that I chose this place and we would not hesitate to stay here again and will suggest it to anyone we know planning a trip in the area.

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank dbae27
Reviewed April 8, 2012

This Motel is a small "Motor Lodge" style motel. The rooms all have balconies that are right over the trout river which makes a very pleasing sound as the water rushes by. The beds are VERY comfy and for the price I don't think you can get a better value anywhere. There are no real amenities to speak of but the location on the river is worth the price. Definitely go to Peters down the road for breakfast, it's really good. They only serve breakfast but they do it well. Pauls across the street within walking distance is kind of hit or miss to be honest, we've never had an issue with the food but the service can be a bit slow. The indian taco is worth the drive.

Unfortunately with Harrahs growing in this town I fear for the survival of these smaller places. I feel their time may be coming to an end, as is the whole vibe of the Cherokee experience, I'm afraid soon it will be like Gatlinburg and who wants that?

Room Tip: We always try to stay on the ground floor, it's closer to the water.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Doug S
Reviewed March 11, 2012

we had a wonderful time at the rivers edge about 2 yrs ago and we r headed back there in aug of 2012 for our honeymoon along with my uncle and his new bride all honey mooners ridin, they r very biker friendly and the view of sitting on the balcony on the ground level especially, in the rockin chairs was unforgettable,looking forward to staying there again this yr,we would recomend this place to all our friends and family,thank you rivers edge for your great hospitality and clean relaxing atmospheres.

Room Tip: id say the best rooms are the ones at ground level,with balconys just above the crystal clear water amazing
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends