“Clean campground not far”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cherokee
Yogi in the Smokies
south carolina
“Clean campground not far”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2011

Campground was quiet since many of the activities do not start until after Memorial Day. We did tour the entire campground though. The bigger cabins are toward the back of the campground. The campsites right on the river are the best. The cabins are directly behind them. The staff however in the front office need some customer service skills. Because the weather was rainy and cold during the night (we were in a tent), my little one (3yr) got sick. We explained and said we were going home. She advised that because we signed for 2 nights were going to be charged. (since they could have rented the site to someone else). It was only after they realized that we had only signed for 1 day not 2 and my husband noting that the campground was virtually vacant...so how were stopping anyone from staying did they agree not to charge for the 2nd night. These folks are TIGHT about refunds and not charging. BEWARE. but the campground is great for summer for little ones (mine 5yr & 3yr). Clean.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank brants421

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Hartwell, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2010

We stayed at the Yogi Campground labor day weekend and had a great experience. The staff were very friendly, the bathhouses were clean and nice and warm in the early hours of the morning, nice clean pool area. We didn't use the laundry room or game room, but heard they were nice as well. The kids activities were great and the staff helping was super nice.
The tent sites were somewhat small I thought, but according to other folks around us they were average. This was my first time camping in a tent in many, many years. Overall, we had no complaints. It was a great campground and will visit again.
For families with small kids this is a great place to go.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Des Moines, Iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2010

We love staying at Yogi's but we will not e staying at this one again. Our tent site flooded and became a large muddy pond. We asked if we could change to a cabin because it was near impossible to stay where we were and the rain had caused our tent to get very wet.
The owner yelled at me for not registering in the morning. We had paid ahead and there wasn't anything asking us to register in the envelope posted to the board. She was very rude and said that she'd give us a cabin but she would not put the money we had already paid for the tent site toward it. We decided to go elsewhere. I wish I hadn't paid in advance because this place is awful.
It's sad. We loved Yogi in CO last year and had hoped for the same great service here...
oh and the other side of our site was a chain-link fence to someone's backyard.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
7 Thank nessieberry
Greenville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2010

Get a campsite on the river, bring along inner tubes and let the fun begin. Nice facilities--check out the campsites beforehand if you can, some are rather small. Our huge tent would have difficulty on some of the smaller sites. Close to town. We saw chipmunks, a river otter, and wild turkeys in the area. The cabins seemed nice, but didn't get inside to see one for myself.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank cogman62
Hickory, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2010

we were told that every campsite available was no more than 50 feet from the water. when we arrived we were given a campsite covered with gravel and barely larger than our tent. the water was no where near the site. there was no possibility of building a camp fire due to the close proximity of the tent to the pit. we had a small yorkie terrier with us who was excited and did bark a few times, but quickly settled down after a short time. before i even had the tent set up, a man showed up on a golf cart and instructed us to either keep our dog quiet or they would call the police to evict us. i was surprised at his harshness and reminded him that it said in the contract that dogs were allowed. he said that people came there to get away from dogs, and we had better keep ours quiet or they would call the police. i said that that was ridiculous and that i would just get my money refunded, and we would leave. he said that i could go to the office, but they would not refund any of our money. this was very true. i went to the office, the woman was very hateful, looked at me with a scowl and said that there was no way she would refund me one penny. she said that if we did not keep our dog completely quiet, she would call the police and have us arrested or convicted. i said that this was a crazy policy,and that decent person would treat a customer like this. we did nothing wrong and were treated like criminals. i took down my tent and packed the car.upon exiting, my wife went into the office. the woman said that i had called her names and was rude. my wife said that i would not have done that,being a christian and it wasn't like me to do such a thing. my wife then asked the woman what i had called her.she was unable to reply. my wife said that this whole thing was just crazy. the woman then said "there! you see! crazy!". my wife teared up became very upset and told her that we only came for the benefit of our nine year old who was traumatized by the whole ordeal. i have never been treated like this and will not recommend and tell everyone i know about this place and the horrible experience they provided for us.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
15 Thank skidd_10
Easley, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2010

My husband and I, along with our 4 year old daughter, camped here for Memorial Day. We have camped at several different places since purchasing our camper a few months ago. I can honestly say that Jellystone far exceeds any other campground we have been to! Our daughter has not stopped talking about it since we left. There are so many wonderful activities for children. Some of our favorites including the morning hay rides with Yogi and Boo Boo, pool side games, the craft center, slip-n-slide in Boo Boo's meadow, the night glow stick hay rides, tubing down the river, family bingo....... There is constantly something going on! The staff is unbelievebale! I was very impressed that by our second day there, the "rangers" were calling our daughter by name. The bathhouses were super nice and clean. I HIGHLY recommend this campground! We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank debdebsc
Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2009

The campground is right next to a small river so you could float in inner tubes during the day and hear the water at night. The bathrooms were clean. The campsites were all shaded. They had activities for the kids and adults. On Saturday night there was a live band. There is a 2 mile hiking trail right off the campground that went to a water fall (Mingo Falls). The town of Cherokee and the National Park is just 10 minutes away. Our family had a great time there.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Iowahappytravel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cherokee
Great Smokies Inn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cherokee
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#7 of 28 in Cherokee

Been to Yogi in the Smokies? Share your experiences!