All reviewselk walkingwithin walking distanceinfused waterrocking chairsnew fixturesgreat smoky mountainsoffered suggestionshighly recommend staying herefree hot breakfasthuge bathroomthe rooms were nicethe blue ridge parkwayroom was cleanexcellent hotelice machineplace to staystayed nights
Reviewed August 8, 2018

Room renovation is superior. Bathrooms are great and large. Room is small but big enough for a few nights. Man working next at check in and woman working desk at check out were very pleasant. As for the breakfast, we ate out with a group, but they had a lot of food in the small lobby. Very centrally located.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 6, 2018

I've reviewed this property before- it's still under the same (excellent) ownership, but the Lodge has undergone such an extensive renovation since my last trip that it's a completely new experience to report upon.

Completely refreshed and re-decorated, the new facility is a huge upgrade from the comfortable-but-older rooms and reception areas... and it's a knockout, with lovely new room decor and furnishings. We had a king-bed room, and even on a sold-out weekend the place was very quiet and relaxing for a great nights' sleep.

As another big positive- other businesses in the area around Rolling Hills Lodge have clearly also enjoyed major facelifts, and excellent new pedestrian lighting has been added along Tsali Boulevard to make it even more inviting. Old favorites such as Peter's (best breakfast in Cherokee!) are still just up the street, as is easy access to the Blue Ridge Parkway and the rest of Cherokee's amenities.

Two thumbs up, for sure and we'll be back to visit Mark and Sue again.

Room Tip: All of the rooms we peeked into had new decor/fixtures; some rooms closest to the office could readily accommodate six guests.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Mark M, Owner at Rolling Hills Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2018

Thank you, Ed! The old place was completely lost to a fire in 2014. All I could save was the parking lot!

So every stick of Rolling Hills is brand new from the ground up. I knew exactly how I wanted to rebuild and it became a reality in 2016. Not that we're done. It is and always will be a work in progress. My goal is to have Rolling Hills be a place where folks can come and have a beautiful experience of this incredibly area and to leave happy and elevated by having stayed with us. Sue provides the magic here. Everywhere you look you can see her touch.

You are the reason we do this. People like you. Sure we have to eat but making money is actually way down the list. The satisfaction of making people happy and helping them make memories is where it's at for us.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

I booked our room online, but apparently I selected a room with a single bed and there were (3) of us. It was an honest mistake on my part, but me and my 2 buddies were going to make the best of it regardless. Anyway, Mark (the owner) knocked on our door a few minutes after we checked in and gave us 1/3 of our money back for the room and brought us extra pillows etc. He said they didn't have any other rooms to offer us, but he wanted to make our stay as comfortable as possible. He went the extra mile for something that wasn't even his fault!! Thank you Mark. We'll be back again, and this time I'll double-check which room I select. ;-)

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank mmkerl

You guys were awesome. Really enjoyed having you here. Ya'll didnt let anything keep you from hsving a great time.

Thanks for this.

Reviewed August 5, 2018

We arrived a little late, but the hotel was ready for us: just in case we arrived after the office closed, an envelope with our keys and name was taped to the front door. The greeter acted very glad to see us. The room was quiet, clean, and had a wonderful view. We had stopped for a hamburger, which we enjoyed eating, while sitting in the rocking chair in front of our room.
The room and bathroom were clean. The bed was comfortable.
Just a tip: the instructions for operating the shower are on the mirror above the sink.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2018

We have stayed in Cherokee and Maggie Valley for years, we never stayed more than a couple of days due to owners treatment or the motel being unclean or bad smells.This time we had the best experience Mark and Sue thank you for such a wonderful trip, and all the suggestions on where to go and what to do. WE will only stay at Rolling Hills Lodge when we return. If you are looking for a family away from home to stay nice clean rooms a fair price STAY AT ROLLING HILLS LODGE!!!! The Barkley family.

Room Tip: large comfortable rooms
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family