All reviews rocking chairs double king elk walking places within walking distance locally owned hotel infused water new fixtures outdoor drama fair grounds offered suggestions great smoky mountains smelled clean saw elk place to stay huge bathroom great owners highly recommend staying here
Reviewed October 22, 2017

The people who run this lodge were very nice. The room was very clean and its location was perfect to everything in Cherokee. Sue was very friendly and helped us about places to see and things to do. Would stay again if traveling in that location.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 17, 2017

My husband and I started our trip up the Blue Ridge Parkway in Cherokee and stayed at the Rolling Hills Lodge. Since it is small (about 30 rooms), we didn’t know what we might be getting but the price was attractive. Upon checking in, we found the owner to be very cordial. When we entered the room, we were pleasantly surprised. It smelled good and was clean. The bathroom is very large and was clean. The furniture was a bit dinged up but that didn’t really affect anything. Now, for the most important part for me (aside from being clean) the bed...This was by far one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in when away from home. I rarely get a good night’s sleep in a hotel but this bed was wonderful. We did not hear any noise during the night.

The lodge is conveniently located to a lot of shops and places to eat. It is easy to walk most places.

I would definitely stay here again. We checked out before the office was open and simply dropped the key in the box.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2017

I agree more with the review written by Jamie T. from Tennessee than I do with most of the other reviews. Motel is billed as a new motel but it has only been renovated. I will give you my pros and cons as I see them:
Pros: Quiet location; Convenient to several attractions; Large renovated bathroom; Price of room.
Cons: Carpet in room had stains on it which my wife equates with "dirty"; Furniture in room was dinged up pretty bad: Bed was somewhat smaller than a true queen size bed; Bathroom had a small vanity and the commode did not have a lid to close it so I was afraid I was going to lose some of my toiletries in the commode; Seemed to be a very sparse continental breakfast so we ate breakfast elsewhere.
If you want a place to just bed down for the night with no frills, then you would probably be happy here. If you are used to staying in the name brand motels, then you probably won't be happy.
I recommend Paul's Restaurant about a 1/2 mile from the motel as a place to get good food at a reasonable price.

1  Thank Dalton41
Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

Anytime you book a locally-owned hotel, you sometimes don’t know what you’re getting. But this hotel was perfect! Super cute and neat outside; the lobby was beautiful. This was the first time in a very long time I have stayed at a hotel where you get an actual room key instead of a swipe card, which was neat. Mark, the owner, was really nice and quick with check-in. We went to our room and I was so pleasantly surprised! It was on the small side, but the way the room was arranged you’d never really notice. Everything was neat and clean. It even smelled clean (some hotel rooms smell musty or closed-up - but not this place!). The bathroom was super clean. The bathroom counter was cracked like maybe it had been dropped prior to or during installation, but it was still fine. The bed was comfortable. The location of this hotel was great! Within walking distance to downtown and a lot of cultural areas, the Oconoluftee River, and the Unto These Hills amphitheater. It was quiet and relaxing. We will definitely check here first for our next trip to Cherokee!

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Jamie B
Reviewed September 27, 2017

very well located-very clean-close to shops- staff is wonderful--I did miss a fridge,microwave though--they have a cooler-bur you can't freeze your cooler packs for travel--would absolutely stay again--

Date of stay: September 2017