“Ok but small”

Hampton Inn Cherokee
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We checked in ok, but did not get our complimentry water etc. Went to room to rest, we had no remote control but maid was in hall and got one for us but tv would not come on. We moved cabinet and had to plug in tv, microwave. We decided to go to pool just to sit by it and read chill out but there was no chairs or tables as pool area not opened yet, still too cool to swim but would have been nice to sit out in the sun. Breakfast area very small. Beds comfortable. Staff very friendly.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank vic625
Justina B, Manager at Hampton Inn Cherokee, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experiences. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. We will be sure to address your concerns with the appropriate team members to ensure that these issues are corrected. Again, we apologize and we hope to have another chance to serve you in the future.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

The hotel itself was fine--clean rooms, good location, comfortable beds, etc. We have stayed here previously and always enjoyed our stay. We are Hilton Inn Honors members and always try and stay in Hampton Inns wherever we go. But the check-in was an absolute NIGHTMARE! They did not honor our room type reservation that we made 2 months previously (even though I had my e-mail confirmation w/me) and even later told us our reservation was just for one night (instead of the 2 nights we had confirmed) and that we'd have to leave so someone else could have our room! They later "corrected" this mistake in the computer and confirmed our reservation was indeed for 2 nights. The check-in staff person was very incompetent and uncaring and the manager was not "available." I believe the problem was caught up in a poor reservations process at just this particular Hampton Inn and with undertraining of staff on how to properly handle such problems. We still love Hampton Inns and will continue to choose them as our primary hotel wherever we travel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank EleanorP348
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The hotel was under construction and yet there was no disruption in the way the hotel looked. Very nice and confortable. We stay with hampton inn's chain as the garantee is always good. Very nice place

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have always preferred Hampton Inns over any other chain, whether traveling for business or pleasure. This one is no exception. Our room was a king room with a sofa bed, fridge and microwave. It was very clean and room enough to move around in. The bathroom was spotless with amenities not normally found at other hotels.

The clerks at the front desk were very friendly when checking in and checking out. Since we got there before the official check in time, the clerk said, according to my profile, which listed a room on a higher floor if possible, she said my room on the 2nd floor wasn't quite ready yet. She continued to say the had rooms on the first floor but my profile requested a higher floor and they were trying to accomodate that. Since it is only a 2 story hotel, I told her I would gladly take a 1st floor room. They were going out of their way to accomodate me.

The hotel is just about a mile from the casino so is very convenient.

We got to breakfast about 8:30 and the hot foods were running low so were a bit dried out but we ate rather than wait so we could get on the road. The containers were refilled while we were eating.

I would definitely stay at this hotel if in the area again. I wished I could have stayed longer this time.

1  Thank jeetn
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Morning coffee missing making me question my Hampton Inn loyalty. Might not stay at one again as a result. Other things about the hotel met or exceeded my expectations. The room was clean and well appointed, the staff was very friendly and helpful directing us to the county softball fields making our stay comfortable. Just missing coffee is very problematic.

1  Thank t g
Justina B, Manager at Hampton Inn Cherokee, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad to hear you were comfortable in your room and that you found our staff friendly and welcoming. I understand that you were disappointed in our lack of coffee service at breakfast and assure you this is not typical. We will review our offerings, keeping your recommendations in mind and hope that the next time you are in town you will visit us again so we can show you the complete hotel experience you expect and deserve.

Justina Bentivogli
Hampton Inn GM

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This Hampton Inn is undergoing renovations to its' fitness center so ask the front desk for alternate places to work out.

The location is close enough to the downtown area to enjoy the sights without the noise or traffic. While breakfast is served daily, close in dining options are limited.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Harrah's was sold out for a concert so we stayed at the Hampton Inn, Cherokee. The room was clean and the staff was helpful. The tv channels were underwhelming but there were plenty of things to do besides watch tv. The WI-FI was free and speedy enough to keep me satisfied. Hot breakfast in the morning was also good. The only drawback to this property is that it is being renovated and the renovations are NOISY! I will visit again for the value and location.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo