“One of the Nicest Hotels”
Review of Super 8 Cherokee

Super 8 Cherokee
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
Reviewed December 30, 2009

As you can tell from my past posts about hotels, I try to remind people that my opinion of a location and stay is based on the experience that i had. I had read the other comments about this hotel so i was prepared for anything.

We arrived during a blizzard at about 5:30 pm after a 6 hour drive that was suppose to take only 3. when we arrived we found every thing closed except for hotels, Casino and a small pizza place on the main strip (awesome place to eat cant remember name)

The hotel lobby was nicely done in Christmas decorations, the two young front desk clerks were extremely nice and pleasant. they were there at 5:30pm when we checked in and still there at 9am when we checked out cause the other employees could not make it in because of the ice and snow. The free breakfast bat was great, you can make your own waffles, all this despite the fact that the breakfast employee could not make it in and the two desk clerks were pulling double duty.

They even helped by giving alternate directions to Gatlinburg since all roads were closed.

Rooms were large and modern with two double beds, a separate sitting area with pull out couch, microwave and fridge.

We did go to the casino for a couple hours, the web site says its 1/2 mile but it seemed longer. Also the sign in lobby says that it has wifi in all rooms, however it is only in lobby area, which i didnt mind they havetwo nice couches to use.

Only strange thing was all the room doors were metal and they looked like they had been beat up with a hammer.

Great nights sleep for a 7 hour, 300mile trip to Gatlinburg the next day.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed November 9, 2009

Very nice motel nice room and comfortable nice view easy to find. Wonderful location nice workers and house keepers nice breakfast.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2009

My partner and I booked this hotel in September on our way to Dollywood and the Great Smokey Mountains.

We left Jacksonville, Florida (and 8 hour drive) 8 hours earlier than expected. We were kids in a candy store, so we couldn't wait. We didn't think about how this would affect check-in.

We arrived at 7am, check-in time was at 3pm. I called the hotel inquiring about their location (it does not show on both our GPS units). They asked if we were on our way, were we were. When I notified we were already in Cherokee, the lady notified us that they were all booked. Before I asked where we could sleep for the night, she offered that we come back at 10am when people would have already check out by then and they would have a room. We booked a King Room suite with a balcony, and she suggested a Queen room. Having been awake for close to 24 hours, we were appreciative of this suggestion and service.

We arrived and they were extremely helpful in obtaining us a room. I saw views of the King Room suite, and while it would have been good to have a balcony, the balcony did overlook the road and the parking lot, so we did not feel cheated.

Overall, the breakfast service was wonderful. The hotel room itself was fantastic. The staff was nominal, some good and some bad complaints. Most of them did what they had to with no extra frills. Our check-in person did not say a single word to us, but I was fine with that. Just don't expect a "warm welcome."

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel! Oh, it is VERY close to the Great Smokey Mountains entrance and other restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2009

After reading reviews, I was a little concerned about staying in Cherokee hotels. This place was fine, not 5 star mind you, but fine. The room was clean ,the people nice enough and we would use this hotel again.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2009

Great trip; Only negative about our stay was our room location at the hotel was on the bottom floor in the back.... Cellular phone service does not work in the middle bottom floors because of the hill behind the hotel.

Breakfast is very nice here, always a lot of food and everything is good.... This is our 3rd stay at this hotel and the front desk, house keeping and mgmt have been very nice each and everytime.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dfskinner
Reviewed July 10, 2009

Room 105, first floor, facing mountain side

Pros: shower temperature was hot enough, great mattresses. The bathroom was large and clean, no mildew at all.

Cons: check in was not the greatest: arrived at 2:30 pm and was told we HAD to wait until 3:00 pm (even though the rooms were available). We decided to wait in the foyer and about 2:45, the lady at the font desk prompted us to check in. Not secured – the card wasn't needed to enter building. Upon entering the room, it stanked! Smelled like someone was canning green beans. We ran the a/c, and that helped, (but if you are in the room long enough, you acquire the smell). My children and I observed other rooms (the doors were freely open to unreserved rooms) and they were in better condition and smelled better than room 105. Why they gave us the "bad" one is beyond my reasoning). Bedspread had some type of stain on it (looked like fecal matter). The walls were scuffed and foot/shoe prints were on one wall closes to one of the beds. NO WIRELESS INTERNET SERVICE. I had reserved this hotel online thinking it was the Comfort Inn in Cherokee (which we stayed at last year and loved), but it was too late to make a change when I realize it was the wrong hotel.

Overall, for the price ($80/night) was a little much for this hotel in this condition. I can not and will not stay at this hotel again. It needs to be revamp desperately.

• Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed June 26, 2009

This hotel has nice comfortable rooms, a good breakfast, and the staff is friendly and attentive. The kids loved the pool. It is an excellent value for the money.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family