“Very clean warm room”

Comfort Suites
Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
“Very clean warm room”
Reviewed December 28, 2005

I read some of the above reviews and was concerned about staying here. However it was very nice. If you require an average clean room - this is it. Good free breakfast. I would stay here again

Stayed December 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Reviewed September 6, 2005

We stayed at the Comfort Suites in Cherokee, NC. We had a reservation made well in advance. The staff at the front desk was rude, sloppy and lazy. They acted like it was a chore just to wait on us. One of the staff actually tried to hold a baby and check us in at the same time. She made all kinds of mistakes, even put somebody elses address on our registration form and tried to tell me that it didn't make any difference. The second day they didn't even bother to clean our room, even though we had left a nice gratuity for the maid the day before. When we called for housekeeping, they were rude and never did come to clean the room. We asked for towels, they brought us one. They told us they didn't have any more pillows that the manager forgot to order them. When we checked out I attempted to leave a comment card at the front desk. When I started to leave, I realized I had left my receipt on the desk; when I turned around I realized that the person behind the desk had thrown the comment card out into the lobby. Unfortunately, this is a lovely facility with excellent breakfast and amenities. However, we won't be going back, this was ridiculous.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Atlanta
Reviewed July 21, 2005

Arrived at 5 pm to a sign that said "back in a few minutes" which was 20!Breakfast consisted of cold coffee & a few doughnuts.I had to go behind the counter to find my own cereal because no one was around.My $89 non smoking room had an ashtray in the desk with butts in it.When we checked out, I had to wait 10 minutes for someone to come to the front desk!
After arriving home I called Choice Hotels and they said they would file a report.No apology No follow up because he did not even ask for a Name or phone number.I have been having the same type problems from the Comfort Suites in Pigeon forge as well so I guess it is time for me to start with a new hotel chain.

14 Thank dcnnparker
Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2005

Having stayed at several similar facilities in the two weeks leading up to arriving in Cherokee we were disappointed with this hotel.

On arrival the receptionist did not know what rate of taxes would be added and then couldn't work out 7% of $100 (the quoted rate) without a calculator. The room had a vaguely stale smell, upon arrival, but this cleared when the terrace door was opened for a few minutes and was clean and well enough appointed, certainly none of the bugs mentioned in an earlier review, although the bath was well worn and so it looked grubby.

The bed linen on one of the beds, while clean, was heavily creased and badly in need of airing such that it felt damp to the skin. We had already unpacked and it was 11pm before we discovered this so there was not much we could do about it.

The next morning we found that the operation of the shower was either V. hot / V. cold / or tepid and the controller was so stiff that my wife could not actually operate it. However, breakfast was good and the morning staff were pleasant and helpful.

The morning receptionist was apologetic and confirmed that the hotel was due for a re-fit. She also said that the other Comfort Inn was, and would be, a better facility until the re-fit was executed. We decided to cancel our second night and move on.

Overall my advice is to take the receptionist's advice and try somewhere else, it is not difficult to find better and pay less money for it!

9 Thank KeswickTraveller
Christiansburg, Virginia
Reviewed July 3, 2005

The room was exceptionally clean, it had everything you need: coffe pot, microwave, refrigerator, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, telephone, cable TV w/remote, plenty of towels, elevator, vending and ice machines conveniently located, a very nice balcony, and rocking chairs everywhere! We didn't try out the pool, but it looked great! Even though this hotel is on the main drag, it is very quiet. Front desk people were very nice, friendly and courteous. There is a McDonald's on one side, a Big Boy Restaurant on the other, convenience stores and lots of shopping within walking distance. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2005
3 Thank galndixie
Chillicothe, OH
Reviewed June 22, 2005

We decided unexpectedly to spend the night in a hotel in Cherokee. We figured the Comfort Suites would be way out of our price range and we usually shy away from any hotels from this chain due to previous bad experiences. However, at the time, it was convenient, so we decided to stop in just to check the price and availability. I was pleasantly surprised at the price of the spacious rooms and even more surpriced at the cleanliness of the facility. I was unable to find any mildew or other gross things in our room. On the down side, there was no working ice machine anywhere in the hotel that I could find, and the laundry room was also non-operational. I was sort of depending on this amenity as we had spent the first half of the week camping. However, I was able to overlook this when I saw a sign on my way out the next morning that said it is under renovation.

The staff was very friendly and helpful!

2 Thank Becky S
Reviewed December 14, 2004

We have stayed at the Comfort Suites quite a few times and found it beautifully decorated inside and out and very clean. Front desk was pleasant and helpful when asked questions and directions. Last time we stayed there was Oct 2004.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member