“Great Location, Clean and Reasonably Priced” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Cherokee
Durham
“Great Location, Clean and Reasonably Priced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel is not far from the casino and is right on strip of all the great Indian gift shops. We had a beautiful view of the mountainside - I would strongly suggest trying to get a room facing the mountains...it is absolutely beautiful in the morning time.
The free breakfast was pretty good; actually served sausage, waffles and eggs!
I'm sure the rate changes in the summer (we paid just $70.00), but we definitely plan on staying there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Johnson City, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Overall a pretty good place to stay. Our fireplace did not work and the hot/cold water was hooked up backwards in the bathroom. Also, the shower was the kind that you can pull out of it's holder and hold in your hand. It had been replaced but it's holder in the shower had not. As a result, the shower sprayed straight into my face instead of down. That, coupled with the hot/cold controls working backwards made an interesting shower.

Room was clean and the staff was excellent. We didn't eat breakfast, so I can't comment on the food. The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were not.

I might stay here again, but I will probably look around for another place first.

Room Tip: Chose the large room and found it was over the front entrance, so it had no balcony. I would probab...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

We spent two nights during the week at this location, which was a great place to stay. Because of it being February and weekdays it was very quiet. The front desk folks were very helpful and nice, Darsey, Rachel and Skyler. If we would have had a problem I'm sure these folks would have taken care of it immediately. Housekeeping was also great. It is not right at the casino but only a short drive (2 miles).Our room was very clean, we had a king suite so that made it nice to have a sofa in the room. Bathroom was very clean and water pressure was great. I know I have a lot of greats but it was a very nice place to stay. We did not use the balcony because of the weather, but it was an extra-large balcony. We have stayed at a lot of Comfort Inns and this one ranks at the top of the list. The hotel is smoke free. When we are back in the area we will stay there again. Thanks again for a GREAT stay.

Room Tip: We were on the street side right above our vehicle
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Sevierville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed during "Off Season" for this tourist area so it was quite & very pleasant.This location has been well kept & is clean. Employee's very courteous. We were within walking distance of shops & restaurants.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Cartersville, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband , mother and friend stayed for two days this past weekend just before New Years. We had two rooms and were quite comfortable. The room was clean and comfortable. The location is good. The river is just across the street. We had balcony rooms which made it nice for looking out and seemed to expand the room some. We had sitting areas and flat screen tvs. Breakfast was more than sufficient. Coffee was available all day. Both nights were sold out and yet it was very quiet. We could not here any noises on either side of us. Plenty of towels and washcloths. As per other reviews, AT&T cell phones really could not get a signal in the hotel, however, having visited this area, it is not just the hotel, but that particular area of town. This is what I would consider an average hotel, but again we did not pay a high price for it, using our AARP card to get a further reduction. My husband asked me if we could stay here again in the future as it is reasonable and we really don't use the room much except to sleep and shower. I'm definitely good with that. Our bed was more comfortable than other places I have stayed recently that had thin walls.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

It's been a long while since I stayed in a Choice Hotel. This hotel was sufficient for a weekend stay when you only need a room for showering and sleeping. Very few occupants so there wasn't any noise. I do wish there was a fitness center. And, like so many other hotels these days, THE PILLOWS ARE TWO SMALL. If I have a king size bed, I expect king sized pillows. Not pieces of cotton the size of letter paper.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Cleveland, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

I have stayed twice recently, the first time (business) in a double (they had no kings), the second time (sightseeing with my wife) in a king. I obviously had no complaints, or I wouldn't have returned with my wife. The bed was comfortable. The room was clean. The couch was so-so, but they usually are in Comfort Suites. We ate elsewhere for breakfast (as usual for me), so I can't comment on the continental breakfast. There are very few channels on the tv, but that doesn't matter to us because my wife an I usually read anyway. The only drawback was missing the morning news. I'm sure that we'll be back.

Room Tip: All king rooms have a balcony, if you think that you might like one.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple