“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Cherokee
Cartersville, Georgia
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband , mother and friend stayed for two days this past weekend just before New Years. We had two rooms and were quite comfortable. The room was clean and comfortable. The location is good. The river is just across the street. We had balcony rooms which made it nice for looking out and seemed to expand the room some. We had sitting areas and flat screen tvs. Breakfast was more than sufficient. Coffee was available all day. Both nights were sold out and yet it was very quiet. We could not here any noises on either side of us. Plenty of towels and washcloths. As per other reviews, AT&T cell phones really could not get a signal in the hotel, however, having visited this area, it is not just the hotel, but that particular area of town. This is what I would consider an average hotel, but again we did not pay a high price for it, using our AARP card to get a further reduction. My husband asked me if we could stay here again in the future as it is reasonable and we really don't use the room much except to sleep and shower. I'm definitely good with that. Our bed was more comfortable than other places I have stayed recently that had thin walls.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

It's been a long while since I stayed in a Choice Hotel. This hotel was sufficient for a weekend stay when you only need a room for showering and sleeping. Very few occupants so there wasn't any noise. I do wish there was a fitness center. And, like so many other hotels these days, THE PILLOWS ARE TWO SMALL. If I have a king size bed, I expect king sized pillows. Not pieces of cotton the size of letter paper.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Cleveland, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I have stayed twice recently, the first time (business) in a double (they had no kings), the second time (sightseeing with my wife) in a king. I obviously had no complaints, or I wouldn't have returned with my wife. The bed was comfortable. The room was clean. The couch was so-so, but they usually are in Comfort Suites. We ate elsewhere for breakfast (as usual for me), so I can't comment on the continental breakfast. There are very few channels on the tv, but that doesn't matter to us because my wife an I usually read anyway. The only drawback was missing the morning news. I'm sure that we'll be back.

Room Tip: All king rooms have a balcony, if you think that you might like one.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Rockwell NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

This is the best place to stay in Cherokee. We try to stay here everytime we are in the area. The staff is courteous and friendly. The continental breakfast is always upkept and does not run out. The rooms are beautiful and the beds are very comfortable. Looking forward to going back. We were able to see the park lit up with Christmas lights. The only thing missing was being able to catch the elk out feeding to view.

1 Thank MothertRockwellNC
Lenoir, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Very clean facility and nice check in staff. Breakfast is again standard for this type of motel. The TVs could use an upgrade to flat screens. The breakfast was "fair". The one attendant could barely keep up with replenishing the food.

Room Tip: Some rooms (I think the front side) do have balconies which are nice. Rooms on back would be quiet...
1 Thank stalprint
MORENO VALLEY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Good enough place, but because I stay in comfort suites across the country, I was a little disappointed here. Small rooms. Looks like they bought another hotel and turned it into a comfort suites. Furniture seems like it's stuffed into the room. Old-style furniture. No flat screen. Did enjoy the wild turkeys outback.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank drdroad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This hotel was very clean, especially the bathroom. And, that's one of my MUSTS in a hotel room. We have 2 small children and there was extra room in the suite part of the room with a couch. That makes it nice when everyone doesn't feel so cramped. We also had a balcony, which was a surprise in a hotel chain like this! My 4 yr old daughter loved it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family