“Needs work”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed here twice in two weeks. Needs some updating. Rooms smelled a little musty. Wished there were sheets in the room for the oull out couch. The first night we stayed our toilet ran and our next room the toilet didn't flush properly. There were a couple bugs in the room my husband had to kill them. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Enjoyed our stay at Comfort Suites! The pull out sofabed was just what our teen needed so she didn't have to share a bed. Room was nice, clean and welcoming. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was good and satisfying. All the staff was friendly and helpful. Will stay there again!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Alesa H
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I spent one night, a Saturday, at this hotel. Although I liked being able to have the space because it was a suite, it was not very comfortable.....the pillows were very uncomfortable....couldn't adjust to either one of the eight pillows from the two queen beds. The A/C system worked well at night, along with noise, but did not work well doing the day. Most rooms had balconies, but mine did not, but, that was probably because I didn't ask for a balcony. I got rid of a couple of spiders, one in the waste basket and the other on the wall. As I was preparing to leave Sunday morning, water was leaking from the upstairs bathroom into my tub. I mentioned this to the hotel staff when I checked out. When I book this hotel, I thought I was booking the Comfort Inn because I had stayed there before and was pleased. When I arrived at the Comfort Inn I was told I had booked the Comfort Suites at another location, based on the travel itinerary in my hand......my mistake.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We spent the weekend in Cherokee in July 2012. The hotel was centrally located. The room was clean and comfortable. We took the shuttle that stopped right outside the hotel to the casino. It was nice to not have to drive. The hotel staff was very friendly. Did not have the continental breakfast. Would stay there again.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Having just stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, I found that the room we stayed in, which was a suite, was a little weather worn. It had wallpaper peeling from the wall between the bed and the bathroom, also over the air conditioner.was peeling. The room was very warm as the air conditioner would not keep the room cool, so we had to sleep out of the covers and than we still sweated a bit. We told the front desk but NO ROOMS AVAILABLE! When we tried to get a soda, we found out that the machines would not work on some floors and other floors had machines working. We had to go floor to floor to see what machines were working. s I got into the shower in Room 330, I found soap scum all over the tub, making it a bit uncomfortable. The patio door going to the balcony, which was very pretty by the way, would not lock, so we propped a chair under tne knob. Also there was a water stain on the ceiling of this room, making me to believe that at one time, they had a very bad leak. The parking was not adequate for the rooms they have, making everyone scramble to find a space for the night. For what we paid each night, I expected better but unfortunately, they failed. The personnel were very nice, the restaurant next door was well worth the price, the location couldn't be nicer, but the rooms are NOT worth the price. Will stay at a local hotel next time.

Room Tip: Check other places before picking this one.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We had stayed here two years ago and stayed again last month for 5 nights. Very much enjoyed it. Had called before arrival and requested rooms that face the parking lot since we ride motorcycles and we were given first floor rooms with patios that faced the lot. Able to park right in front of our rooms. Pool and hot tub very clean. Patio areas needed to be cleaned but the rooms were very clean. Breakfast was medicore and sometimes cold but there is a great restaurant right down the street with great food! Hotel is within walking distance to some restaurants but these areas close by 8pm right after the play starts. There is a shuttle for $1 per person per way that will take you any place in Cherokee that runs until midnight and you can go to restaurants or the casino. Front desk staff at hotel was very helpful and knowledgable about area and recommendations on where to eat. Very happy with this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My family and I stayed here and we very much enjoyed it. It's a great place for people who do not like high rises, as there are only 3 floors. The pool and hot tub were very clean and they were never crowded, as some tend to be. I also appreciated that they have a public computer, as I didn't bring my laptop with me. I would definitely stay here again. An added bonus is that you are right next door to a Dairy Queen. ; )

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family