“Great little hotel!”

Chestnut Tree Inn Cherokee
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
Reviewed June 24, 2010

We come to Cherokee several times a year but this was our first time staying at the Holiday Inn. We were impressed! I work as an executive housekeeper for a five star resort so I know a quality hotel when I stay at one. The hotel and restaurant staff were very helpful, polite, friendly and informative. You won't be disapointed with the service. This is an older hotel but it is in very good shape and appears to be recently rennovated. The grounds are well kept and exceed what you would expect from Holiday Inn. The rooms are cozy, clean, decorated nicely and the furnishings were great! The king bed in our room was very comfortable and we slept well every night.

We loved the free breakfast buffet which is included for guests. The restaurant was awesome and was a nice surprise for us since we didn't want to drive around looking for somewhere to eat. We ate there every morning during our stay and was never disappointed. They also serve dinner there which we heard was also very good. It is very rare to find a restaurant this good in this type of hotel!

The two pools were great but the outdoor pool must have just opened because it was still a little green. They did work on cleaning it up while we were there and it was good to go afterwards. There is also a nice little playground next to the outdoor pool that the little ones would enjoy. I would definitely reccomend this hotel for families. It is a great value for the money and we will most certainly stay again. Kudos to the management and staff of the Holiday Inn Cherokee for running a awesome little hotel in the mountains!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 6, 2010

suggest removing fake table plants in restaurant - Dusty. get salt shakers w/ larger holes, was no fruit today, add a list of drink coices for breakfast, eggs were over cooked. Outside pool is nice. Bed was alittle soft. All hotels should non slip bath mats like they have here.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 24, 2010

My family and I stayed one night. I was traveling on business and my family was tagging along for sight-seeing. We didn't realize there was a bike rally in town, which may explain why our room was $165 which is much more than I would expect to pay for the quality. Nevertheless, our room was comfortable and clean. Bathroom is very small, but we managed. The breakfast buffet was very good and free to guests, so that was a real plus. Front desk staff was professional, friendly and caring. The worst thing about this hotel is the pool/hot tub area. The hot tub jets are so low, and a floor drain so efficient, that the tub literally looks like a giant toilet that has just been flushed. It was hot enough, but the experience is just sitting in a tub of hot water. The pool, hot tub, and entire pool area needs renovating. It appears dirty and unkept. The pool table in the area is a nice plus, the cue tips are worn out or absent, there is no chalk or other supplies, etc. The gray carpeting intersects with the raised, beige tiling, and all of us fell off the five inch drop since the "step down" is not adequately marked. This decent hotel would benefit greatly from a pool area renovation. Overall, not a bad stay, but I don't suggest going when an event is in town. It obviously has a drastic effect on cost.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2010

I have been going to the town of Chereeke NC nearly every week. There is an Indian Casino in town. I can stay in any hotel in town for free. I have stayed in the Casino hotel itself- the room is nice-but the parking for hotel guests is nearly a half mile away. At the Holiday Inn it is in front of your room-or-60 yards at worst. In the casino hotel you can only eat in the buffett which is on the casino floor. At Holiday Inn they have a real restaurant with good normal food with average prices. They also have a great seafood buffett. The breakfast buffett is real cooked food from a real kitchen--not some microwaved pre-cooked stuff which is what all the other hotels in town offer--and at Holiday Inn the breakfast buffett is free--it would cost 12 dollars any place else in town.
The casino hotel has an indoor pool (no out door pool at all) but--the casino pool is never open and even if it was--it's very small. The Holiday Inn indoor pool is a real pool--it's always available and it's heated--make sure to ask for a room in the same building as the pool. Also, while you are at the desk, ask for extra coffee packets for your room. Also, Holiday inn has an outdoor pool as well. You can also walk to a new multi-plex movie place---in short---I would say it's the best deal in town--especially if you have kids from about 9---16---they can walk to town and you can take them to a movie--or see indian things

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 22, 2010

We arrived from the casino our second night at the hotel to find our door cracked open. The only thing they took was my laptop (there were other valuables in the room).The theif came into our room within 30 minutes after we left and only took the laptop. They did not go through our things, they just grabbed the laptop. The maid was in that day and saw me working on my laptop. My folder with my research paper was left beside the trash about 20 feet from the room. A guest told me the folder was there at 7:30 when he checked in. Can't pove it but, sure it was someone connected to the hotel. The Cherokee police told us he has been there before for things missing from the guest rooms. Hotel staff was not cooperative . Front desk left manager a note about the theft, but he was not around at 8:00 a.m. when we went to the office (had to leave due to emergency) Don't leave anything valuable in your room. I had to learn the hard way.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank goingskid
Reviewed January 19, 2010

I got 2 rooms together for 3 nites right, it was suppost to be $214 each! well one was 214 other was $351 then i checked my bank account the next day, and there where two more charges for $87.99 each! I called front desk and they said they didnt know maybe it was the nite auditor, they didnt see any charges? What? I didnt get an answer, they said it could take up to a week to get it back? Today is the 19th and still nothing?!?!?!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 11, 2010

This "full service" Holiday Inn is not as expected. All rooms have outside doors which is a problem with small children. This particular weekend there was a snowstorm and the temperatures were near zero. When we arrived late our first night, our room was unheated and so cold. We had to turn the room heater as high as possible to make the room bearable for all of us. Every time someone left the room, the room became very cold and we had to re-heat the room. One day so many businesses were closed. We tried to get a dinner from the hotel, but it closed at 9 p.m. and this is supposedly a full service hotel!! of desk has no list of local hotels except for Domino:s and Pizza Hut. When we called those they were also closed. Not even the grocery store was open. So we had no dinner for our children. The front There is an indoor pool but it is in another building. So if you went swimming you had to walk outside back to your room. So you got frozen when returning to the room. The hot breakfast was very simple and plain. It was mainly scrambled eggs,bacon and sausage, cold french toast, fruit cup and grits. Other hotels with a hot breakfast at least offer toast, cold cereal, apples, oranges, bananas, juice, etc. We had to pay over $3.00 for a glass of juice. The room accommodations are small.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family