All reviewsfree breakfastroom was cleanhot buffetstay there againan older hotelnice place to staybryson citymini fridgecasinogravymountains
Reviewed March 22, 2010

We arrived from the casino our second night at the hotel to find our door cracked open. The only thing they took was my laptop (there were other valuables in the room).The theif came into our room within 30 minutes after we left and only took the laptop. They did not go through our things, they just grabbed the laptop. The maid was in that day and saw me working on my laptop. My folder with my research paper was left beside the trash about 20 feet from the room. A guest told me the folder was there at 7:30 when he checked in. Can't pove it but, sure it was someone connected to the hotel. The Cherokee police told us he has been there before for things missing from the guest rooms. Hotel staff was not cooperative . Front desk left manager a note about the theft, but he was not around at 8:00 a.m. when we went to the office (had to leave due to emergency) Don't leave anything valuable in your room. I had to learn the hard way.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank goingskid
Reviewed January 19, 2010

I got 2 rooms together for 3 nites right, it was suppost to be $214 each! well one was 214 other was $351 then i checked my bank account the next day, and there where two more charges for $87.99 each! I called front desk and they said they didnt know maybe it was the nite auditor, they didnt see any charges? What? I didnt get an answer, they said it could take up to a week to get it back? Today is the 19th and still nothing?!?!?!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 11, 2010

This "full service" Holiday Inn is not as expected. All rooms have outside doors which is a problem with small children. This particular weekend there was a snowstorm and the temperatures were near zero. When we arrived late our first night, our room was unheated and so cold. We had to turn the room heater as high as possible to make the room bearable for all of us. Every time someone left the room, the room became very cold and we had to re-heat the room. One day so many businesses were closed. We tried to get a dinner from the hotel, but it closed at 9 p.m. and this is supposedly a full service hotel!! of desk has no list of local hotels except for Domino:s and Pizza Hut. When we called those they were also closed. Not even the grocery store was open. So we had no dinner for our children. The front There is an indoor pool but it is in another building. So if you went swimming you had to walk outside back to your room. So you got frozen when returning to the room. The hot breakfast was very simple and plain. It was mainly scrambled eggs,bacon and sausage, cold french toast, fruit cup and grits. Other hotels with a hot breakfast at least offer toast, cold cereal, apples, oranges, bananas, juice, etc. We had to pay over $3.00 for a glass of juice. The room accommodations are small.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2010

Oh my goodness this hotel is great. My family of 5 stayed one night to visit the Polar Express train in Bryson City. My whole family loved the hotel. The kids adored the inside swimming pool. The baby loved the fact that they provided a baby bed. I was appreciative of the clean bathrooms and beds. My husband raved and raved over the buffet and the comfortable beds. All in all the people were wonderful. They even called us a few minutes when we got in to thank us for staying with them. The veiw was amazing. It was freezing when we went so the outside pool and playground were not used by my family but they looked well kept up. I can not believe anyone would have anything bad to say about this hotel. When we go back next year this will be the place we stay. Totally deserves its four stars.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 23, 2009

I was slightly disappointed in this Holiday Inn. It's located on HWY 19 right outside of Cherokee. We asked for a room near the office and got one towards the back. (If you smoke... you get put in the rear apparently.) There are two separate buildings to this hotel. Neither are connected to the office/restaurant building. (See photos) We were in the first building. Rooms on both sides, but parking only on one side. There was no fridge or microwave. It was "ladybug season" and we did usher a few out of the room. (There was a sign at the front desk warning of this.) The heat was difficult to adjust... it was either too hot or too cool. The beds were pretty comfortable. Nice big towels, but the bathroom was small.
They ran out of coffee for the rooms, but we were told there would be coffee in the dining room until nine pm. Since we were towards the rear and it was cold, that wasn't really convenient. Breakfast buffet was included and it was pretty good. There was a nice variety of breakfast items. Dining staff very nice.
We aren't very picky travelers. We look for a clean, decent room with a few amenities. This hotel was ok,, but nothing to brag about. I find it hard to understand running out of coffee for the rooms. The layout of this hotel leaves a lot to be desired. It was ok and I won't say I'd NEVER stay here again, but would look elsewhere first. There are too many other choices out there.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family