All reviewsfree breakfastroom was cleanhot buffetstay there againan older hotelnice place to staybryson citycasinogravymountains
Reviewed November 14, 2017

Hotel lobby was quaint and welcoming. Rooms were a bit outdated but over all very clean. I was a bit skeptical because of some of the other reviews but was pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The breakfast buffet was really good and the coffee was tasty. My husband said it was some of the best grits he's ever had!! We had the chance to speak with the owners during our stay and really enjoyed our conversation. Being small business owners ourselves, we would much rather support the small family owned hotels in the area than the corporate owned ones. We have no complaints and would stay here again on our next trip into town.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
dwelch2017, Guest Relations Manager at Chestnut Tree Inn Cherokee, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2017

I apologize for the delayed response....I truly believe I have responded. Thank you so much for your feedback. We will begin renovations on December 1 and hope you will return to see our improvements. Thanks again! Happy Holidays

Reviewed November 8, 2017

The hotel is promising phased renovations in the near future that will help revitalize the dated décor and furnishings. My mattress was very 'bouncy' and cheap feeling. The shower pressure was very low so don't expect to enjoy a luxury deluge. Only one wash cloth was initially provided but I was able to get as many I as needed upon asking. I did not try the breakfast. The room layout was classic motel layout with no 'wow' factor. The casino comp'ed the stay for me so I am in no position to complain.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
dwelch2017, Guest Relations Manager at Chestnut Tree Inn Cherokee, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2017

Thank you for providing feedback. We purchase only Serta mattresses it is unfortunate you did not have an enjoyable sleep. One wash cloth is NOT our standard and I apologize. Yes renovations begin December 1. Wish you felt you had no reason to complain.

Reviewed November 6, 2017

This hotel was comp'd for 3 nights from Harrah's Casino. Reading the other reviews that gave it a 1 or 2 rating seems a bit harsh. I consider myself a hotel snob, and have stayed in much worse conditions. This is a budget hotel, so you have to take that into consideration. The room is outdated with the decor but didn't interfere with my stay. The beds aren't the best, but gave me a good nights rest as they were firm. The only real complaint I have are the pillows. They were the worse with being lumpy and out of shape. And the cleaning staff who push their laundry carts past your room sound like a freight train and if your sleeping will wake you up. They offer free buffet breakfast with biscuits and gravy, grits, oatmeal, scrambled eggs, sausage and pancakes. The staff at check-in were nice, but I found that the staff waiting on us for breakfast were the nicest. I'd stay here again with no issue.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends
dwelch2017, Guest Relations Manager at Chestnut Tree Inn Cherokee, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2017

Thank you Lori for your honest feedback. Sorry you had bad pillows, I will see what room you were in and send someone. We are proud to announce we will begin renovations on the lower building December 1, 2017. We hope you will return to see our improvements.
Thanks again

Reviewed October 26, 2017

My husband and I were comped 2 nights at this hotel by Harrah's, and were so glad to stay there. We had stayed there before and requested to stay on this trip. Bed was great, room was clean, and it was very quiet. We were on 1st floor in Room 134 and have no complaints at all. My husband loves the big breakfast and I have to say the biscuits, gravy, grits, eggs and link sausage were all delicious. I cannot understand why people on here complain about the breakfast, considering it is at no charge, unless you request orange or tomato juice, a large glass was 2.25, but it was well worth it, very good ice cold juice. This breakfast is so much better than a continental breakfast, in my opinion. I highly recommend this hotel and hope we can stay there again. Staff was friendly and seemed glad to have us there.

Room Tip: We prefer 1st floor so we can park and walk straight into the room, with our vehicle in front of our door.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank J E
dwelch2017, Guest Relations Manager at Chestnut Tree Inn Cherokee, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2017

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! We appreciate you so much! We are beginning renovations on the lower building in December....we hope you will come and see our improvements. Again.....MANY THANKS!

Reviewed October 9, 2017

We stayed at the Inn last week was a COMP room from the Casino . Having stayed there before saw no problem.WRONG! The front desk clerk was pleasant . The room had a dead spider and there were webs behind the chair. Not very pleased. Next trip no Chestnut Inn!!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
dwelch2017, Guest Relations Manager at Chestnut Tree Inn Cherokee, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2017

Glad your room was free.....and sad a dead spider would cause you to give us a two. Have a nice day.