All reviewsfree breakfastroom was cleanhot buffetstay there againan older hotelnice place to staybryson citycasinogravymountains
Reviewed January 11, 2010

This "full service" Holiday Inn is not as expected. All rooms have outside doors which is a problem with small children. This particular weekend there was a snowstorm and the temperatures were near zero. When we arrived late our first night, our room was unheated and so cold. We had to turn the room heater as high as possible to make the room bearable for all of us. Every time someone left the room, the room became very cold and we had to re-heat the room. One day so many businesses were closed. We tried to get a dinner from the hotel, but it closed at 9 p.m. and this is supposedly a full service hotel!! of desk has no list of local hotels except for Domino:s and Pizza Hut. When we called those they were also closed. Not even the grocery store was open. So we had no dinner for our children. The front There is an indoor pool but it is in another building. So if you went swimming you had to walk outside back to your room. So you got frozen when returning to the room. The hot breakfast was very simple and plain. It was mainly scrambled eggs,bacon and sausage, cold french toast, fruit cup and grits. Other hotels with a hot breakfast at least offer toast, cold cereal, apples, oranges, bananas, juice, etc. We had to pay over $3.00 for a glass of juice. The room accommodations are small.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2010

Oh my goodness this hotel is great. My family of 5 stayed one night to visit the Polar Express train in Bryson City. My whole family loved the hotel. The kids adored the inside swimming pool. The baby loved the fact that they provided a baby bed. I was appreciative of the clean bathrooms and beds. My husband raved and raved over the buffet and the comfortable beds. All in all the people were wonderful. They even called us a few minutes when we got in to thank us for staying with them. The veiw was amazing. It was freezing when we went so the outside pool and playground were not used by my family but they looked well kept up. I can not believe anyone would have anything bad to say about this hotel. When we go back next year this will be the place we stay. Totally deserves its four stars.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 23, 2009

I was slightly disappointed in this Holiday Inn. It's located on HWY 19 right outside of Cherokee. We asked for a room near the office and got one towards the back. (If you smoke... you get put in the rear apparently.) There are two separate buildings to this hotel. Neither are connected to the office/restaurant building. (See photos) We were in the first building. Rooms on both sides, but parking only on one side. There was no fridge or microwave. It was "ladybug season" and we did usher a few out of the room. (There was a sign at the front desk warning of this.) The heat was difficult to adjust... it was either too hot or too cool. The beds were pretty comfortable. Nice big towels, but the bathroom was small.
They ran out of coffee for the rooms, but we were told there would be coffee in the dining room until nine pm. Since we were towards the rear and it was cold, that wasn't really convenient. Breakfast buffet was included and it was pretty good. There was a nice variety of breakfast items. Dining staff very nice.
We aren't very picky travelers. We look for a clean, decent room with a few amenities. This hotel was ok,, but nothing to brag about. I find it hard to understand running out of coffee for the rooms. The layout of this hotel leaves a lot to be desired. It was ok and I won't say I'd NEVER stay here again, but would look elsewhere first. There are too many other choices out there.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank LightPacker802827
Reviewed October 15, 2009

Stayed during October. First night killed roach and spider in room. Light did not work in room; asked front desk to fix. I had to ask again the next day to have it fixed. It took 24 hours for the hotel to fix the light. Ordered room service on first night around 8pm. My 3yr old ate chicken fingers and became sick around 2 am with vomiting and diarrhea. She was sick for over four days. Our pediatric office said it was probably food poisoning and put her on a special diet and medication. The hotel management (Mat) told me that kids get sick and would not refund my meal. He would not even look into the food complaint and informed me that the hotel had a good food inspection. We had to leave early due to her sickness. The bathroom had mold covering the ceiling and the tub kept dripping. The tub had rust stains. We were not able to visit Santa’s Land due to our child becoming sick after eating at the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2009

The Casino gave us a free room for the weekend. It was very nice. The indoor pool was a little cool but ok. the view of the mountains was great. The hotel now offer a FREE hot breakfast with homemade biscuits, gravy, bacon, eggs,french toast, and much more. I really enjoyed the extras.Barb is great. On Saturday, we enjoyed the Prime Rib buffet for $15- you get 15% off w/ HOliday Inn card- It was a very nice stay.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends