All reviews free breakfast room was clean hot buffet stay there again an older hotel nice place to stay bryson city casino gravy mountains
Reviewed November 23, 2009

I was slightly disappointed in this Holiday Inn. It's located on HWY 19 right outside of Cherokee. We asked for a room near the office and got one towards the back. (If you smoke... you get put in the rear apparently.) There are two separate buildings to this hotel. Neither are connected to the office/restaurant building. (See photos) We were in the first building. Rooms on both sides, but parking only on one side. There was no fridge or microwave. It was "ladybug season" and we did usher a few out of the room. (There was a sign at the front desk warning of this.) The heat was difficult to adjust... it was either too hot or too cool. The beds were pretty comfortable. Nice big towels, but the bathroom was small.
They ran out of coffee for the rooms, but we were told there would be coffee in the dining room until nine pm. Since we were towards the rear and it was cold, that wasn't really convenient. Breakfast buffet was included and it was pretty good. There was a nice variety of breakfast items. Dining staff very nice.
We aren't very picky travelers. We look for a clean, decent room with a few amenities. This hotel was ok,, but nothing to brag about. I find it hard to understand running out of coffee for the rooms. The layout of this hotel leaves a lot to be desired. It was ok and I won't say I'd NEVER stay here again, but would look elsewhere first. There are too many other choices out there.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank LightPacker802827
Reviewed October 15, 2009

Stayed during October. First night killed roach and spider in room. Light did not work in room; asked front desk to fix. I had to ask again the next day to have it fixed. It took 24 hours for the hotel to fix the light. Ordered room service on first night around 8pm. My 3yr old ate chicken fingers and became sick around 2 am with vomiting and diarrhea. She was sick for over four days. Our pediatric office said it was probably food poisoning and put her on a special diet and medication. The hotel management (Mat) told me that kids get sick and would not refund my meal. He would not even look into the food complaint and informed me that the hotel had a good food inspection. We had to leave early due to her sickness. The bathroom had mold covering the ceiling and the tub kept dripping. The tub had rust stains. We were not able to visit Santa’s Land due to our child becoming sick after eating at the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2009

The Casino gave us a free room for the weekend. It was very nice. The indoor pool was a little cool but ok. the view of the mountains was great. The hotel now offer a FREE hot breakfast with homemade biscuits, gravy, bacon, eggs,french toast, and much more. I really enjoyed the extras.Barb is great. On Saturday, we enjoyed the Prime Rib buffet for $15- you get 15% off w/ HOliday Inn card- It was a very nice stay.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2009

Motel type room accomodation with parking facilities in front of the room. Friendly staff. Food in restaurant could be better (they try to sell you the buffet, which is not top quality).

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2009

We arrived on a Sat. at 2:30 pm. I went to the desk to check in. After a very unfriendly front desk clerk finally ask if she could help me....she checked her computer. I was told my room wasn't ready and i could go some where and come back at 4:00 as that is check in time. Not wanting to GO somewhere I ask if the 2 girls ages 10 & 11 could go to the restroom, change into bathing suits and use the pool. OK. We were given direction to the outdoor pool; as it was so hot and and I did not have sun screen with me, where is the indoor pool? I was told you have to have a key for that. She finally gave me a key with a "you have to return it to me". When I did check in at 4:00 she was off duty. Returning key was not needed,all room key cards fit the lock.
We ate dinner and breakfast there as kids eat free. The food was very good.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family