“DON'T STAY HERE”

Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
South
“DON'T STAY HERE”
Reviewed October 15, 2009

Stayed during October. First night killed roach and spider in room. Light did not work in room; asked front desk to fix. I had to ask again the next day to have it fixed. It took 24 hours for the hotel to fix the light. Ordered room service on first night around 8pm. My 3yr old ate chicken fingers and became sick around 2 am with vomiting and diarrhea. She was sick for over four days. Our pediatric office said it was probably food poisoning and put her on a special diet and medication. The hotel management (Mat) told me that kids get sick and would not refund my meal. He would not even look into the food complaint and informed me that the hotel had a good food inspection. We had to leave early due to her sickness. The bathroom had mold covering the ceiling and the tub kept dripping. The tub had rust stains. We were not able to visit Santa’s Land due to our child becoming sick after eating at the hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
South Carolina
Reviewed October 5, 2009

The Casino gave us a free room for the weekend. It was very nice. The indoor pool was a little cool but ok. the view of the mountains was great. The hotel now offer a FREE hot breakfast with homemade biscuits, gravy, bacon, eggs,french toast, and much more. I really enjoyed the extras.Barb is great. On Saturday, we enjoyed the Prime Rib buffet for $15- you get 15% off w/ HOliday Inn card- It was a very nice stay.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed August 30, 2009

Motel type room accomodation with parking facilities in front of the room. Friendly staff. Food in restaurant could be better (they try to sell you the buffet, which is not top quality).

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Georgia
Reviewed August 27, 2009

We arrived on a Sat. at 2:30 pm. I went to the desk to check in. After a very unfriendly front desk clerk finally ask if she could help me....she checked her computer. I was told my room wasn't ready and i could go some where and come back at 4:00 as that is check in time. Not wanting to GO somewhere I ask if the 2 girls ages 10 & 11 could go to the restroom, change into bathing suits and use the pool. OK. We were given direction to the outdoor pool; as it was so hot and and I did not have sun screen with me, where is the indoor pool? I was told you have to have a key for that. She finally gave me a key with a "you have to return it to me". When I did check in at 4:00 she was off duty. Returning key was not needed,all room key cards fit the lock.
We ate dinner and breakfast there as kids eat free. The food was very good.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed August 15, 2009

We were book this hotel thru the casino. We actually thought we were going to be staying at the Holiday Inn Express across the street from the casino so we were kinda disappointed when they told us we had to come here. I am not a fan of exterior door hotels at all but it was clean. The room steamed stuffy. The best thing about this hotel was you got a free full hot breakfast just for being a guest.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Germany
Reviewed July 12, 2009

This seems to be one of the better Motels in Cherokee. Very friendly staff, nice restaurant (though you shouldn't expect too much of the food there, but it's nice if you don't have enough time before you go and see the Indian outdoor drama). The rooms very really clean, you can't complain about a single thing here.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Cumming, GA
Reviewed June 21, 2009

Harrah's comped us for 2 nights. Place was ok. No towels at pool. TV's are old, no input jacks for kid's games. Beds are not real comfy. It was free so I guess it served its purpose.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family