Chestnut Tree Inn Cherokee
$91
$76
$69
Econo Lodge Cherokee(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
$74
River's Edge Motel(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
$100
$79
$149
$145
$119
$101
Fairfield Inn
Hampton Inn Cherokee(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
$114
$104
Hampton.com
Super 8 Cherokee(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
$85
$77
Rodeway Inn & Suites On The River(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
$72
$459
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsfree breakfastroom was cleanstay there againan older hotelnice place to staybryson citymini fridgecasinogravydryermountains
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 18, 2014

The casino in Cherokee provided two complimentary nights at a local motel. Not being high rollers, we were assigned rooms at the Chestnut Tree Inn. Our friends received rooms at the casino. Arriving earlier than check in time, we still were warmly greeted and given a room. Upon entering the room, I became a little disappointed. The room was certainly outdated and the TV was fuzzy (fixed after tightening the cable). We met our friends for dinner and went back to their room at the casino and I became discontent with our inferior room. We returned to our motel and went to sleep. I slept through the night and awoke after a restful, good night's sleep. We went to breakfast, and enjoyed a sit down hot breakfast. Our server was sweet and took care of us.

She shared a little history of the motel, stating she grew up working in the motel. She said it once was a Holiday Inn. She also said the motel had been owned by the same family for a long time. I began to have different feelings about my stay at the Chestnut Tree Inn.

I could imagine back to when this was a new motel. I am sure it once was a gem in this little town.

Today, the motel still serves it purpose. The staff from the front desk to the restaurant employees were friendly and helpful. The room was clean, and the beds were comfortable. The complimentary breakfast buffet was delicious and filling. It included sausage, homemade gravy and biscuits, grits, French toast, scrambled eggs, and hash browns. The shower was hot and had good water pressure. Lastly, we felt safe during our stay.

Finally, in comparison to our friends' stay; We parked near our room, they parked in a parking deck far from their room. We had free WiFi, they had to pay $12/day. We had free breakfast, they paid dearly.

When I got home, I had another voucher from the casino for another complimentary stay. If given an option, I will choose to stay again at the Chestnut Tree Inn.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank momabe
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

This was our second free stay here. This hotel is older. The rooms are not the cleanest or put together well. There is nothing convenient within walking distance.
The breakfast buffet is free for 2 adults per room which is a new policy. The breakfast buffet is one of the best breakfast bars I've ever seen. You can also pay for bacon as a add on and theres a few other pay add ons. Eggs, french toast and bisquits and gravy to name some of the items on the bar. Drinks ie;coffee, soda are free. It is sit down with a waitress.
The pool area is nice for kids with a playground area as well.
All in all if you are being comped this room its not bad. If you are paying out of pocket and room quality is key I'd look elsewhere.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank China G
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Have stayed at Chestnut Tree Inn many, many times over the years & 3 times so far in 2014; plan to go back again & again. Excellent service, very friendly & helpful Staff; very knowledgeable people; very comfortable rooms; feel very safe; great location.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Glad it was free is right!! No mini refrigerator in the rooms, told three different stories about the refrigerators (not sure which one is true). Pool has mold around edges. Also watch were you sit outside as furniture is old.Sink drain and tub drain are slow to actually drain. Hair in corners of bathroom floor, gross!
Beds were pretty comfortable.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank travel1215
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Mold in bathroom on wall. Room was dusty with dust bunnies built up on the phone even. something splattered all over the door, drain in tub was broke, stains on wall. Pillows was real thin. Sheets was old and little balls of thread coming off them. Towels was ok. headboard was broken. We got the room and went to casino and ended back at the room about midnight and there was several people hanging around in the parking lot. I think they was guests having a party. I recommend checking out the room before checking in. Wish we had. I will not stay here again even if its free. They say its part of the Hilton chain if that's true the Hilton better step in.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple