“It was ok”

Chestnut Tree Inn Cherokee
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
Reviewed June 13, 2014

The room was very comfortable and ac worked great. The only problem I had was the fact that 2 big lights were out in the parking lot. As a solo female traveler, that made me feel uncomfortable. It also have outside corridors. I prefer inside. Didnt try the breakfast. May stay again if I have a partner travelling with me.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Chestnut Tree Inn Cherokee

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Easy check in The beds in the rooms are very comfortable !!!!!! Slept well I had left some items in the room, and called and Kim went and checked and found my stuff . Thank you KIM. She was so friendly, told me to call back and she would go and check room. The room and not been cleaned yet and she got my stuff and brought it to the front desk. The breakfast was yummy. Thank you Laurie our server for all the refills on my diet coke. She never let my glass run dry. Thank you for a Great stay. See you next month.

Room Tip: Up stairs in Building 2, facing the mountains beautiful view!!!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank chas29644
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The hotel was pleasant nice service folks but the rooms were run down and the very bright lights shown in the windows as there were no curtains but sheers in the room. There for no privacy. Also free breakfast with fake eggs just does not do it for me.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank TrishFlaster
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

The reviews terrified me....but not bad at all! The best bang for your buck! Quick getaway type of place. Breakfast was not bad....best free breakfast I have ever had at any hotel, hands down!! Staff was friendly.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Rosalee N
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Chestnut Tree Inn and the staff was unfriendly, poor customer service, no manager on duty, general manager never returned my phone call, front desk manager never returned my phone call either. Rooms were very nasty, place is unsecure a well. Wouldn't recommend anyone to stay at this hotel ever.

• Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank hotelcritic20
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We were comped a room by Harrah's Casino Cherokee. We were disappointed at the lack of availability for their main hotel, but had limited choice if we wanted a room that night. Despite the lateness of our arrival, the staff accommodated our needs as if it was during the day. Check in was fast despite being confirmed outside their facility.

The hotel did not localize using google maps, we had to call for additional direction. There is a visable sign, but sitting behind the hamptom inn. Being a cosmopolitan, city couple, the outside of the facility looked like a motor inn/motel. However, the rooms are standard, but clean. There was a "smokers smell" in the room, but otherwise we had no complaints for our free room.

Pros:
-able to be comp by casino, otherwise, afordable
-three miles from casino
-close to village and other tourist attractions
-standard, clean rooms
-nice staff, friendly home like feeling
-there is a free breakfast, but we woke up too late to enjoy :)

Cons:
-not localized easily w Google maps
-you can easily miss breakfast since they are done by 10am
-not walking distance to casino
-pool and other outside facilities were closed despite the great weather

Summary:
*Would I stay again? Yes, if given free.
*Would I pay for this room? Probably not
*Would I recommend this hotel? Yes, to someone w limited budget

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank poodle1995
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My husband and I stayed in Gatlinburg for several days and decided to spend our final night in Cherokee. 441 was closed for snow, and we had to go around. Not knowing how long it would take, we were early. And exhausted. We stopped by the hotel and asked what the earliest we could check in was, and were told 4. Not a bit earlier. We went to Harrah's, had lunch and back to the hotel..right at 4. We checked in and went to the room. No heat was on. It was FREEZING. We turned the heat on and drew blankets around us. I also had to clean the television screen. The room was in need of updating. We were so tired and just wanted to rest, but it was too cold. We tried to get the heat working for FOUR hours. It was still cold. We finally decide to go to the front desk. They can't move us to another king room (that we paid for). They had doubles to offer us. My husband in 6'4" and doubles just aren't going to cut it. Finally, they agreed to refund our room and we drove all the way back to Pigeon Forge to stay. We have NEVER left a hotel like that. While I gathered our things, my husband waited for the receipt to show we were refunded. Another couple came in with a reservation for a king room and they told THEM they didn't have one for them!! How do you not have someone's room reserved? It was just a terrible experience and I would never ever book there again.

Room Tip: Don't choose one!!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple